Gaming A ton of roms, but which ones are they?

rolandpibb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Got a ton of roms for my kids and their CycloDS. Problem is, I can tell which roms are on the card by looking at the CycloDS GUI, but how can I tell which roms they are on my computer? They're all acronyms and not the full name of what the game is. Is there a listing program or something? I would love to know exactly what I have and what I'm putting on their cards.

Thanks

Shabang21

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
They probably have the release numbers...
You can look them up here: http://gbatemp.net/newgon/

That's what I was going to suggest, if they were in the number format.
wink.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the files are not in number format, but uses the releases names chosen by the dumping release group.

So you can use a renamer, it's a program which analyze the files (rar, zip, or .nds) and tells which one it is, it can even rename the files and compress them all.

You can check "Offline list", or "NDScrc" from advanscene.com

or the one from the poster below (I don't know that one, I'm personally using NDScrc)

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Download the 'evolution tools' from the cyclo website to enable rom icons, a mouse over will then show their actual names, thus you can rename them yourself.

Sigfried666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well. I spend some seconds to rename my ROMs to avoid not recognizing them. Seems you have already found a solution, and I know you'll have no more problems...
(This topic actually reminded when I had over 70 ROMs in acronym, over a year ago...)

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
rolandpibb said:
Hi,

Got a ton of roms for my kids and their CycloDS. Problem is, I can tell which roms are on the card by looking at the CycloDS GUI, but how can I tell which roms they are on my computer? They're all acronyms and not the full name of what the game is. Is there a listing program or something? I would love to know exactly what I have and what I'm putting on their cards.

Thanks
I know a few acronymmed ROMs, in fact half of the ones I have are in acronym form. Can you list out some of them? I could probably tell you what they are. If not, you'll have to either test them in an emulator or use one of the programs listed above.... Either that or i'll be curious enough to find the ROM of that myself to see. XD

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah mousing over a ton of roms, or listing off the release names on this board is so much easier than just downloading ROM-A-Namer and having it do it in like 2 seconds for you.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?