granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_conduit_logo-500x208.jpg
This bit of news was previously rumored and High Voltage had given hints that they may bring a Conduit game to the 3DS. Now we have an official announcement that they are bringing a Conduit title to the Nintendo 3DS. At this time, it is unknown whether this will be a port or a totally new game. Both Conduit and Conduit 2 are noteworthy due to how far they push the Wii's graphical capabilities. No screens or videos were released yet but the team is very impressed with what the handheld can do, all while running in full 3D. High Voltage is hoping to create a robust multiplayer experience on the 3DS with Conduit 3DS. Also no word yet whether Wii and 3DS gamers will be able to play together online across both systems. High Voltage is hoping to be able to show off a build of the 3DS version at this year's GDC (February 28 - March 4). Unknown whether the Wii and 3DS versions will release simultaneously. [/p]
QUOTE said:
“We’ve got environments from this already up and running around. You can shoot, you can select different weapons and you can see enemies. It runs pretty darn well with full 3D and everything.” -CCO Eric Nofsinger of High Voltage
icon11.gif
Source

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the title, it's unknown whether this will be a port of a Conduit game or a new game in the series entirely. Sorry about that. All we really have is developer commentary that they're making a Conduit game on 3DS...

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
with the 3ds's little slide/nub thing this may actually be somewhat playable
ohmy.gif
(unlike that crappy moon game for ds :

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moon, good piece of technology at least. Impressive. I never minded the controls, it was the repetitive and monotonous level design that got me. Boring AND confusing since everything looked the same. Same issue with Renegade Kid's prior work, Dementium. They mostly fixed the level design in Dementium 2 though. Anyways, this is pretty exciting. Actually, i think this may mark the first confirmed FPS game on the 3DS. Don't quote me on that, but i don't recall any others being announced yet...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. I was actually ramping up for a good FPS experience on a handheld. DS and PSP didn't have proper online to make it even worthwhile to buy such games. 3DS is also looking to be a great party system as well. Tell your friends: Hey, bring your 3DS and we'll play some MK, or SSB. Honestly, I would rather have my own screen for any mutiplayer games, and SSB is the worst offender on small, and moderate sized screens.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i feel their thinking is tht those who will buy a 3ds will probably have played a wii so i am to believe tht they will make something new but probably a side story like a prequel or similar. unless they follow in the steps of SF4, but SF4 was finishing its sales hence they decided for a different game will a different graphical view. i dont think conduit has reached this position has it?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Who knows, the 3DS's analog/touchscreen control might even be superior to the PS3P's dual analog setup for FPSs. We Nintendo fanboys can dream . . .

Having a mouse-like control for 1st-person shooters gives a more accurate ability to point and shoot, imo, vs using analog controls. While the NGP also has a touch-screen, it unfortunately has it covering the only screen that displays the action on, giving way to obstructing the action with your hand or a stylus, even if it is small and long). This gives the DS/3DS the advantage, imo, because it has that separate screen for that input, even if the action screen isn't as high-res.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Sounds good.
Not sure about shooters on the 3DS though.
From what ign and others were saying about Ikarus, the usual stylus to aim method is a bad idea.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Sounds good.
Not sure about shooters on the 3DS though.
From what ign and others were saying about Ikarus, the usual stylus to aim method is a bad idea.

That is because Kid Icarus uses a different control method for pointing and shooting, at least from what I've seen. Shooters like Dementium and Metroid Prime: Hunters are better comparisons to actual shooters, since that is what they are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or just put in on yt