Hacking "A system update is required to use the microSDXC memory card"

Roxasorg13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just did my NAND backup before installing cfw, just in the last step of the backup (dumping key files using homebrew loader) my switch displays this message, and i am unable to launch the homebrew launcher.
Right now im on airplane mode, so i dont make any mistakes. Am i doing something wrong? Should i update?

BTW, im starting the cfw (atmosphere i think) with hetake

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Exfat requires an update or modified system firmware in order to work in an OS. Look into ChoiDujourNX.
Can you explaine more details so my switch is on 4.0.1 i didnt backup my NAND yet am waiting for the rcm jig so if i update will it be somerhing like 5.xx.xx fw?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you explaine more details so my switch is on 4.0.1 i didnt backup my NAND yet am waiting for the rcm jig so if i update will it be somerhing like 5.xx.xx fw?
In any case we will have to use exfat other wise we cant use bigger than 4gb files

Reactions: benson733

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

In any case we will have to use exfat other wise we cant use bigger than 4gb files
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/
But it would be a good idea to format the card as FAT32 or use another card in order to do the backup before installing the driver.

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/
But it would be a good idea to format the card as FAT32 or use another card in order to do the backup before installing the driver.
If i update to which ver. Will it updated?

Iam willing to use nsp files and they are mostly bigger than 4gb

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did my NAND backup before installing cfw, just in the last step of the backup (dumping key files using homebrew loader) my switch displays this message, and i am unable to launch the homebrew launcher.
Right now im on airplane mode, so i dont make any mistakes. Am i doing something wrong? Should i update?

BTW, im starting the cfw (atmosphere i think) with hetake

Backup your Rawnand and boot0/1 files to your pc , i personally take the backup folder from the sd card and trasnfer that for safe keeping.

backup the other files and folders on sd card if you wish
Format sd card to fat 32
restore the files and folders to the sd card .. Minus the rawnand.bin

Then get your keys, im guessing your following my guide ?? if not take a look and ask questions there .

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If i update to which ver. Will it updated?

Iam willing to use nsp files and they are mostly bigger than 4gb
Yeah, but a NAND backup should be the first thing you do.
Also the switch nand is about 32gb how can it fit in fat32
It will be split into parts automatically.

sHunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry for bringing this up again, but I am not sure what to do:

I am using sx os 2.6.1 beta. My sysNAND is on version 5.x, I updated my emuNAND from 6.2 to 7.0.1 using ChoidujourNX. When booting into emuNAND I get the following message:

"A system update is required to use the microSDXC memory card." Honestly, I updated from 6.2 to 7.0.1 and then(!) I realized I had to use sx os 2.6.1 :sad:. I don't quite get is, as 7.0.1 is the highest os available at the moment. I have checked the settings. It says current version: 7.0.1

I am thinking about following options:

1. use a fat32 sd card and use choidujour to downgrade the emuNAND back to 6.2 (is this even possible without breaking something?)
2. Follow the recommendation in different threads and format sdxc card to fat32. Will need to split xci files, I understand a tool exists to do so.
3. wait for a stable version of sx os 2.6.1 and hoping it fixes this issue.

Does one of these options make sense? Do you have other suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I am using sx os 2.6.1 beta. My sysNAND is on version 5.x, I updated my emuNAND from 6.2 to 7.0.1 using ChoidujourNX. When booting into emuNAND I get the following message:

"A system update is required to use the microSDXC memory card." Honestly, I updated from 6.2 to 7.0.1 and then(!) I realized I had to use sx os 2.6.1 :sad:. I don't quite get is, as 7.0.1 is the highest os available at the moment. I have checked the settings. It says current version: 7.0.1

1. use a fat32 sd card and use choidujour to downgrade the emuNAND back to 6.2 (is this even possible without breaking something?)
2. Follow the recommendation in different threads and format sdxc card to fat32. Will need to split xci files, I understand a tool exists to do so.

Thank you in advance!
It seems you installed update without exFAT update and try to use a exFAT micro sd.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you in advance!
You don't need to downgrade. Just use a FAT32 SD card and re-run ChoidujourNX with the 7.0.1 update with the Exfat option checked. Then you can use your Exfat SD card.

You shouldn't use Exfat in the first place, but that's another discussion.

Reactions: sHunter

sHunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You don't need to downgrade. Just use a FAT32 SD card and re-run ChoidujourNX with the 7.0.1 update with the Exfat option checked. Then you can use your Exfat SD card.
I see, now i get want I did wrong during installation with ChoidujourNX.

You shouldn't use Exfat in the first place, but that's another discussion.
Any reference for good instructions?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the preferred way or is it enough to split xci's? What are keys needed for anyway? Random alpha-numeric key of fixed length or do they "come" with the xci?

You needs to have your own set of keys, you can obtain them using lockpick-rcm, as for game installation, NSP is easier and smaller size, you can either split the size of the games or do usb install, if you want to use XCI, you might wanna get a license key for SX OS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)