GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to check out Pet Alien out of curiosity, though I honestly didn't have much hope for the game. But to my surprise, it is a really delightful new DS title. There's really not much of a story there -- not anything that will endear you to the characters -- but the gameplay is really fun. The game also looks really good, which was another surprise, considering the ROM size.

What kind of game is it? It's not really a platformer -- though there is one alien, so far, that does do a bit of that. It's almost more of a puzzle game. It starts out very simple, yet is still very fun. But as you progress to the later levels, there's plenty of brain challenge.

Anyway, if you haven't yet checked this game out, and are bored for something new, give it a try. It's staying in my DS for a while. I really dig it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was pretty average, like all of Shin'en games, still better than most guff that comes out thats for sure.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was pretty average, like all of Shin'en games, still better than most guff that comes out thats for sure.

Hmm...well, Shin'en's game making experience is fairly limited, but I'd say that Nanostray was an above "average" game, as was Iridion 2 (GBA). Anyway, I think Pet Alien is a pretty fun game, especially for those folks who like action / puzzle fare.

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I completed Pet Alien in a few hours. It's one of the best games I've played since a long time.
Only it's too simple. My 8 year old son is already half way in one day.

I would like much more levels and harder levels. Maybe a Pet Alien 2?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

Yeah, it's definitely not going to stump anyone with its puzzles, but they are, indeed, satisfying to play, all the same. I haven't completed it yet myself -- I'm still tinkering with other games in between -- but it's still on my card. I really enjoy it. It's one of those great pick up & play games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.