Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you know there are a lot of dupes threads of the same stuff that someone else has posted, hell even I in my tired state have done the odd one recently so I was wondering what could be done about it? Ok its not a massive problem but I think that it would help keep the forums clean and maybe help those out who keep posting "what is teh best ds racer?" all the time. I know there is a search button but nobody hardly uses it.

My suggestion is basically the same as what happens on Digg. There when you post something you then get a page of results for you to check to see if the info you have posted, has already been posted or not and then you tick a box to say whether or not what you are posting is fresh.

Of course no biggy if it can't be done here or you don't want it to be done, just thought it would help for the reasons in the first paragraph.

I still love you regardless.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
well this makes sense...
but we have a lot on our to-do list right now so you'll have to be very patient
smile.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think that so far there is:

No autoresizing images/autoadjust according to screen size
Maybe new emotes?
I would like to a shoutbox that is always open, no matter where on GBAtemp you are and that also auto refreshes.
Cut the IRC issues, only PM admins and stuff. \

That's off the top of my head, there may be more I missed. >_>

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That would have to use the regular forum search engine, which I guess was dumped because it used too many server resources.....your idea would probably have to use it, but it would be used for every new thread not just a couple of random searches.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if I see a dupe thread, I close it and link to the one in question. The thing is honestly, I don't really know when a thread has been made or not. I don't have the greatest memory in the world for certain threads, and, there's no way to beat around the bush about it, the search here is horrible.

D

Deleted User

there's a vBulletin mod that does something like this so you can probably find an IPB mod to do the same thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1