A Suggestion That Win10 Users Not Change Title Bar Colors

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Arecaidian Fox, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Arecaidian Fox
    OP

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    I wanted to post a heads-up to other Win10 users who have done or want to do "hacks" like this...
    http://www.howtogeek.com/222831/how-to-get-colored-window-title-bars-on-windows-10-instead-of-white/
    Or this...
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3380-color-appearance-change-windows-10-a.html

They achieve the desired result, but found it broke a few bits of Windows along the way. Most notably doing this change stopped the Store app from working altogether and made it so I couldn't save new Themes. If you've done this tweak and are having issues, try reversing it and see if that fixes the problem(s).

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    End of Time
    I have no problem in my end, and I've done this tweak day one.

3. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Windows Insiders have a newer build that allows for this out of the box, so the feature is coming, nobody knows when it'll be finalized though. It's all up to Microsoft.

4. Arecaidian Fox
    OP

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    I stopped doing Insider Builds after Win10 was "fully" released. But good to know the feature is being worked on.

5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    But its already a feature in windows 10?

6. Arecaidian Fox
    OP

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    If it is, I haven't run across it. So far the only thing that officially changes the title bar colors are those hacks. You can change colors of certain objects like the taskbar and start menu, but the title bar certainly isn't one of them.