Dark_Firetime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i think the moderator must be more strict because i see ''stupid'' message or pointless topic on the forum everyday so i suggest 3 stages for people making a ****----> insert bad word here.. of Gbatemp first time a advertissement 2nd time a suspend 3rd time ban...it's sample and i think many people will be more happy if some stupid people are ban Gbatemp will go further without people like that....

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i think the moderator must be more strict because i see ''stupid'' message or pointless topic on the forum everyday so i suggest 3 stages for people making a ****----> insert bad word here.. of Gbatemp first time a advertissement 2nd time a suspend 3rd time ban...it's sample and i think many people will be more happy if some stupid people are ban Gbatemp will go further without people like that....
I like the scaled system idea (by the way, in English the word is Warning, but we understand your meaning well enough). The problem is in implication.

What defines a "stupid post"? What defines "Spam"? It's easy to generally set on a solution, but impossible to formally pin down the line between a good post and these warning areas.
[NOTE TO SELF: Stop yourself before this goes into another essay -- this sounds like one already.] [Reply to self: gotcha!]

Sounds like another matter of perspective. Mods don't suspend or ban unless it's required. I mean, the "when's the gba sp coming out" thread is easily answered by checking out the links on our news section or on ANY of it's topics where we generally discuss it, so does that make it a stupid post? There's also people who post things like
QUOTEI don't have a PS2 but my favourite game would be GTA:VC even though I haven't played the game before
biggrin.gif
I know he's not on GBATemp (NOTE TO OPIUM: I don't mean to bash the people on your forum, man, but this guy's getting annoying. You know who he is. I just don't want to cast the first stone against him yet.) but it's a good example of spam. On the other hand, there's a couple we've had here, that as soon as they hit the "members" or "advanced members" categories, they stop spamming and actually contribute to conversation. Do they count as banning material now?
[NOTE TO SELF: Reread last not to self, and answer "What the holy **** are you doing?"] [Reply to self: Done, and I have no idea.]
[NOTE TO SELF: You are an idiot. Shut up.] [Reply to self: Shutting up now.]

Form your opinons and let us know.

-Tempest out.-

neocat

The GbaTemp 1337 Cat of D00M!!
Trophies
Website
www.neocat.2ya.com
XP
Country
[NOTE TO SELF: Stop yourself before this goes into another essay -- this sounds like one already.] [Reply to self: gotcha!]
[NOTE TO SELF: Reread last not to self, and answer "What the holy **** are you doing?"] [Reply to self: Done, and I have no idea.]
[NOTE TO SELF: You are an idiot. Shut up.] [Reply to self: Shutting up now.]
I think tempest has gone mad
laugh.gif

The mods are doing fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch