a simple question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hjfbv1, Jul 27, 2008.

Jul 27, 2008

a simple question by hjfbv1 at 4:10 PM (859 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. hjfbv1
    OP

Newcomer hjfbv1 Advanced Member

United States
    with the new custom firmware i was just wondering (i know im gona get flamed with "your wii is not a psp" stuff so plz restrain yourselves) cwcheats stuff for psp, or in other words an ingame hex editor. could this be possiable? i know there are huge limits to the wii firmware updates which is what differs it from the psp.(i think) anyway i ask this cause, i really suck at monster hunters, and monster hunter 3 is coming to wii... i want cheatsssss [​IMG]

disclaimer: i have no clue wtf im talking about, so plz keep flames to atleast the first layer of hell plz.

EDIT: i do want to add, that if is was possiable anyone thinking of doing this, make it crash your game if its used in an online mode. i dont want to get pwned be ppl playing brawl and cheating :.(

2. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    You want Action Replay yes?
    Wait for datel.

3. hjfbv1
    OP

Newcomer hjfbv1 Advanced Member

United States
    not exactly, action replay lets you load up cheats and play your game, i think that being able to activate and deactivate cheats while in game would be cool, and from what ive seen of cwcheats it can do this:P oh it would accualy be cool to have something like a cheatengine for wii. (i have a macintosh and i cant use one but if the wii could... i would have a use for the internet channel again XD

4. -lildeemo-

Member -lildeemo- GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    "your wii is not a psp"

5. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Action replay can do this too. I used to code cheats for smash brothers melee, and we used button activates called "joker combos" which would start the code you've inputted, when you press the button (could be any button combo, like we made Z+d-down, something random) good for testing what a code does (when we were making codes for the first time)

So wait for datel I guess...

6. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The USB Gecko has support for cheat codes. I also believe that you can turn them on and off whenever you want. However, as of right now, I believe that it needs to be connected to the PC, although the creator has said that he plans on adding support to load them off of an SD card.