XP
Country
Code:
FunKiiU by cearp and the cerea1killer

Downloading/updating data from *************
Downloaded data OK!
The Title ID(s) must be 16 hexadecimal characters long
************* - is not ok.
Welp, that's not a stack trace at all, FunKiiU actually caught that error just fine but it calls sys.exit(0) when it occurs. I really need to run sanity checks on user input. Today didn't work out for me and I didn't have time to do anything with it. Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: hudhair

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dojafoja
- everyone, my tool (and this gui) is the only tool that handles dlc nicely, and will make the delicious illegit stuff that you need signature patches for.
so if you want mario kart dlc, smash dlc, etc etc, use FunKiiU(i) :)
sooooo my understanding is we need a wii u running a fw with signatures patched? or can we install DLC without using a firmware with patched signatures?

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this to work, of course, I may not know what i'm doing....when I try to run the GUI on OS X, i get "
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

File "/Users/adambuble/Downloads/FunKiiU-master/gui.py", line 211, in <module>

root=RootWindow()

File "/Users/adambuble/Downloads/FunKiiU-master/gui.py", line 37, in __init__

self.img = PhotoImage(file='logo.gif')

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 3366, in __init__

Image.__init__(self, 'photo', name, cnf, master, **kw)

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 3320, in __init__

self.tk.call(('image', 'create', imgtype, name,) + options)

_tkinter.TclError: couldn't open "logo.gif": no such file or directory"

I have the logo.gif in the same directory with gui.py, FunKiiU.py, README.md

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get this to work, of course, I may not know what i'm doing....when I try to run the GUI on OS X, i get "
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

File "/Users/adambuble/Downloads/FunKiiU-master/gui.py", line 211, in <module>

root=RootWindow()

File "/Users/adambuble/Downloads/FunKiiU-master/gui.py", line 37, in __init__

self.img = PhotoImage(file='logo.gif')

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 3366, in __init__

Image.__init__(self, 'photo', name, cnf, master, **kw)

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 3320, in __init__

self.tk.call(('image', 'create', imgtype, name,) + options)

_tkinter.TclError: couldn't open "logo.gif": no such file or directory"

I have the logo.gif in the same directory with gui.py, FunKiiU.py, README.md
That's strange, if they all live in the same directory then it should find the .gif file. I don't know what to think about that as I haven't seen or heard of an issue like this before. Let me know if you makeany progress. It seems odd so there is probably a good explanation. Maybe try to re download and extract?

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange, if they all live in the same directory then it should find the .gif file. I don't know what to think about that as I haven't seen or heard of an issue like this before. Let me know if you makeany progress. It seems odd so there is probably a good explanation. Maybe try to re download and extract?

If it makes any different, I am on the newest version of MacOS Sierra.....so maybe there is a problem there? I can use FunKiiU without the GUI, so I know i'm using the commands correctly, and I know Python is installed....

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is a simple GUI that I wrote for FunKiiU by cearp. It rely's on FunKiiU to do all the hard work and is just a GUI, so I named it FunKii-UI. It is written in python using it's native tkinter framework so no external libraries should be needed. I have not had a chance to test this actually works and will not be able to for a few days. It should work with python2 and python3 but I would like some people to test and make sure everything is working as it should. It's simple, the logo sucks, and it isn't the prettiest but it should get the job done. I'm really tired and probably screwed something up, so let me know what isn't working. I didn't include any sanity checks but it looks like FunKiiU should handle that. Thanks for reading!

Credits go to cearp for writing FunKiiU and cerea1killer for his re-write of FunKiiU.

You can visit the FunKiiU thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-funkiiu-download-wii-u-stuff-python-tool.446092/

Usage:
1. Make sure you have already downloaded the latest version of FunKiiU from the link above or grab latest FunKiiU from github here https://github.com/llakssz/FunKiiU/releases/latest. (Tested on v2.0.2)
2. Download and extract here https://github.com/dojafoja/FunKii-UI/archive/master.zip
3. Copy gui.py and logo.gif into your FunKiiU directory and run gui.py.
4. Download stuff
5. Report bugs

funkiiu updated 2.2 ,please add support

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this working on the latest one?
Not fully. New features of FunKiiU won't have support and they changed -all to -regions. New version coming real soon to add support and add a couple cool new features. I just need to iron a couple things out. Expect it tonight or some time tomorrow

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

R
funkiiu updated 2.2 ,please add support
Real soon I promise

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New version is up in OP. Supports FunKiiU v2.2, has a dropdown selection of titles parsed from titlekeys.json, and has the ability to update/change versions of the GUI and FunKiiU from inside the app. Can some people please let me know how these are working in python3, linux, windows, mac etc. Also, IF YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED TO FunKiiU v2.2 YET. WILL YOU PLEASE TRY IT FROM WITHIN THE GUI AND REPORT BACK HOW IT IS WORKING. You will need to restart the app after doing any updates for changes to take effect. Thanks guys!

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
i can't get it to work :

C:\>C:\FunKiiU\gui.py
File "C:\FunKiiU\gui.py", line 287
print "Error:", e.code, url
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i can't get it to work :

C:\>C:\FunKiiU\gui.py
File "C:\FunKiiU\gui.py", line 287
print "Error:", e.code, url
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'

Damn. That's an easy fix though. Can't beleive I did that. You are using python3 correct? It should work with and without parenthesis on python 2.7+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm