Hacking A simple GUI for FunKiiU "FunKii-UI"

JimmyDeanBowl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open up gui.py on my Mac, it is just opening idle and showing a bunch of python code rather than opening the gui. Any idea why this is happening? I'll attach a picture.
upload_2018-6-8_0-3-30.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.00.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.00.08 AM.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 287

DoG29

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. First of all, excuse me for my English, I am French. Also, I hope I don't look rude. I have been looking for a solution to my problem before posting a message here. I'm a Ubuntu 18.04 user. In the terminal, the command "python gui.py" return:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gui.py", line 15, in <module>
import tkinter as tk
ImportError: No module named tkinter

Am i doing something wrong ?

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. First of all, excuse me for my English, I am French. Also, I hope I don't look rude. I have been looking for a solution to my problem before posting a message here. I'm a Ubuntu 18.04 user. In the terminal, the command "python gui.py" return:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gui.py", line 15, in <module>
import tkinter as tk
ImportError: No module named tkinter

Am i doing something wrong ?
You need to install the tkinter framework then. If you are using Python 2.7x then run:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-tk
if toy are using Python 3.xx then run:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python3-tk

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I open up gui.py on my Mac, it is just opening idle and showing a bunch of python code rather than opening the gui. Any idea why this is happening? I'll attach a picture. View attachment 130760
I never added the Shebang to allow it to run by double clicking. In a terminal just run:
Code:
python gui.py
Or from IDLE you can press F5 to launch it but the progress bars will display funny through IDLE.

DoG29

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have already done this like it was writting on your first post of the first page of this thread, but it's not working.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, all is working now. Thank you very much for your help.

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New release v2.1.8 is out. YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO UPDATE TO v2.1.8 FROM INSIDE EXISTING VERSIONS OF THIS APP. IF YOU HAVE NEVER CLICKED ON THE "SAVE AS MY SETTINGS" BUTTON IN THE OPTIONS TAB, THE UPDATE MAY FAIL. IF YOUR UPDATE HAS FAILED, YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD A FRESH COPY HERE: https://github.com/dojafoja/FunKii-UI/releases/latest

Multi-threaded downloading, up to 5 concurrent threads.
New list view for selection box.
Window can be resized to adjust selection view.
In GUI progressbar
Doesn't fail on certain titles where encrypted download size is different than the decrypted size reported in the TMD.
Fixed memory leak in FunkiiU, pointed out here: https://github.com/llakssz/FunKiiU/issues/40
Some code cleanup, MUCH more is needed.
Other stuff I forgot.

This will most likely be the last time I update this app, unless I completely broke something of course. I know based off my Github traffic and other sources that there are still 1000's of users of Funkii-UI, so THANK YOU for all your support and I hope you have enjoyed my project. There is still a bunch of unused code in the source and a ton of ugly code still but I wanted to release my work 'as is' because I wanted everyone to enjoy the new features even though I'm too lazy to polish it up.....

Last edited by dojafoja,

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
As most of you may know by now, the *titlekey* site is not currently working! The site is NOT dead, the domain has simply expired. The site is still alive and well and can be found using it's IP address instead of the domain name. Funkii-UI will work just fine if you provide this IP address. Enter it using the following format: http://104.129.5x.xxx
The IP address can be found with a simple Google search. Search for something like "Hosting history for <insert titlekey site here>". I am sure this issue will resolve itself with time but for future and current purposes, if the domain expires or isn't working, use the IP address instead.
New Funkii-UI users can simply enter this IP upon first startup. Existing users can just delete the config.json file and start up the program.

Last edited by dojafoja,

Franciscop98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
As most of you may know by now, the *titlekey* site is not currently working! The site is NOT dead, the domain has simply expired. The site is still alive and well and can be found using it's IP address instead of the domain name. Funkii-UI will work just fine if you provide this IP address. Enter it using the following format:
The IP address can be found with a simple Google search. Search for something like "Hosting history for <insert titlekey site here>". I am sure this issue will resolve itself with time but for future and current purposes, if the domain expires or isn't working, use the IP address instead.
New Funkii-UI users can simply enter this IP upon first startup. Existing users can just delete the config.json file and start up the program.
Thank you so much! This is actually very good info, as I have just seen people saying that you can only still download if you have the keys backed up.

I can breathe now.

Franciscop98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So... I can's quite breathe yet. I try to use the ip address as mentioned, but the list never updates and I get an error in a parallel window that's always open (I don't know about Python, sorry). Any chance you could help?

I attached a couple of screenshots.

EDIT: Had the wrong IP. Works fine now

Attachments

• The setup.png
    The setup.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 433
  • The error.png
    The error.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by Franciscop98,

ArlenTorrealba

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Good friends! what a shame to bother them I just bought my wii u I know that at this moment there are problems to get the tiket and I would like to know if you can help me to use the funkiiu to play with my new console!
Thank you very much in advance and apologize for the inconvenience

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good friends! what a shame to bother them I just bought my wii u I know that at this moment there are problems to get the tiket and I would like to know if you can help me to use the funkiiu to play with my new console!
Thank you very much in advance and apologize for the inconvenience
What do you need help with exactly? Do you need help getting the program to open and run? Or do you need help with using the program one it's running?

Reactions: ArlenTorrealba

ArlenTorrealba

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Friend the program runs perfectly but when entering the wed site I have problems I get the following message:
Could not download data file. Either The site is down or the saved keysite is incorrect. You can enter new keysite and try again.

I see that our friend Franciscop98 talks about an IP address and I do not know how I can do that step!
You disulpas the inconvenience to me at this point of the game but as soon as I acquired my wii u :D

Last edited by ArlenTorrealba,

mohnsen

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi

I get the errorcode: 10060 and something about that it failed to connect.

I have tried both with version 2.1.7 and 2.1.8

I am on Python 2.7.15

I have tried several downloads, they all say the same.

I hope you can help me.

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I get the errorcode: 10060 and something about that it failed to connect.

I have tried both with version 2.1.7 and 2.1.8

I am on Python 2.7.15

I have tried several downloads, they all say the same.

I hope you can help me.
Error 10060 means that it failed to connect to the remote peer. You're probably blocking N's servers in your router.

JW420

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, got the GUI running and downloading tickets again, only to find the one title key I wanted, the Japanese WiiU VC version of Ocarina of Time, has been completely removed from all lists? I've downloaded this previously off of Funkii, along with the Japanese WiiU VC version of Majoras Mask, yet now I can't find any hint of either anywhere online?

Any help guys?

(I have the European version installed on my WiiU, but wanted the Japanese to test region differences)

Hecatia666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I was downloading Xenoblade Chronicles with FunKii-UI and had to leave it overnight. Next morning I wake up and it's stuck at 90.62% so I keep it there in case something happens. When I returned from the uni it's still stuck :o

I checked my internet connection to make sure and it's alright, please help D:
upload_2018-9-13_21-7-16.png

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was downloading Xenoblade Chronicles with FunKii-UI and had to leave it overnight. Next morning I wake up and it's stuck at 90.62% so I keep it there in case something happens. When I returned from the uni it's still stuck :o

I checked my internet connection to make sure and it's alright, please help D:
View attachment 143189
Your computer, or Nintendo, probably doesn't like you downloading with 5 threads. It sucks but you will have to just close the program and try again. You can set the number of downloading threads in the Options tab. Files that have successfully downloaded will be skipped but ones that were still downloading will need to start over

Hecatia666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Oh, the 5 thread thing was there by default and I didn't wanted to change it in case I messed up something.

I will try to leave it on just 1 thread, then!
Thank you!

dojafoja

life elevated
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, the 5 thread thing was there by default and I didn't wanted to change it in case I messed up something.

I will try to leave it on just 1 thread, then!
Thank you!
In all my testing, 5 threads was very stable on all my machines. I left it as default because it seemed fine even on older hardware. It did freeze on me very rarely when running multiple download sessions consecutively but it was 3 or 4 times out of probably 100 or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.