A second letter to nintendo's new boss

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, I and many other players would like to pay tribute to Mr. Iwata's unfortunate death.
But as of this year, nintendo has brought nothing more than disappointment. As nintendo now overly focused on amiibo, quality of the games themselves started dropping. Spin-offs such as mario party, mario tennis and animal crossing amiibo party does not live up to the predecessor and all the extra features that would have expand their play value are simply replaced by amigo functionality. The least thing you will need right now is pissed off fans.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I gotta agree with Muffins, though I'm more concerned that misspelling "amiibo" and "least" instead of last reduces the effect. And no...since this obviously won't be read by Kimishima himself (or read to him by a translator), this actually DOES matter.

But even if...it's not that I don't agree with you, but you need to argue better to even be heard. Those guys are in the business to make money (just like everyone else), and since amiibos are quite a success, they have no reason to assume it pisses off fans. In fact, on a whole, it probably doesn't.
You may also want to give some clear and obvious examples if you want to be convincing. I haven't played those spin offs, but I've never read in reviews that the experience is limited without amiibo's. And I usually read from sources that are very critic against DLC (especially on-disk DLC, which this actually is). You especially have to point out similarities in which the predecessor shines that AREN'T about personal preference.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I, for one, am not at all pissed. In fact, I'm really happy with amiibo's right now. :)
But you are not a fan.
SA9Xefc.gif

Jokes aside. While amiibo are leaving quite the profit for Nintendo if don't last more than a few days (hours in some cases) in stores (I never got to find a King Dedede amiibo and gave up), some "fans" of Nintendo are pissed because "muh dlc" and things like that while at the same time they buy the last Smash bros 4 dlc ASAP.

The reason some people is pissed is because of the recent wave of censorship Nintendo has applied to titles that the die hard fans doesn't like and even are willing to skip it, Fatal Frame 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the most recent examples, very likely Fire Emblem Fates too if something surfaces.
Other reason some people is pissed is the direction they have taken for the games. the best example I can think of is Super Mario 3D World, while everyone were expecting Super Mario Galaxy 3 or something along that, Nintendo went and released Super Mario 3D World and while isn't a bad game the fans where as pissed as a spoiled little kid because Nintendo didn't delivered what they wanted.

The keyword here is some people.
But I'm still pissed for the Censorblade Chronicles X :angry:.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am 110% Nintendo doesn't give a shit and your letter will be tossed into a trashed can with an auto-reply letter in response to it. Nintendo isn't some small company and they quite honestly couldn't care less about a few upset people. If people are still buying their products, that's all they care about.
But I'm still pissed for the Censorblade Chronicles X :angry:.
Also that Nintendo of America who is complete shit and ruin everything for the Western crowd. Nintendo of Japan left everything as is without removing content.

Last edited by The Catboy,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear Nintendo,

I thank you in advance for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read my letter. First off me and many other people in the gaming community mourn Mr. Iwata's death. He was a great inspiration and loved by many. However as of this year I have noticed a few changes. Sadly none of them are good ones. Ever since the Amiibo shortage Nintendo has been focused primarily on producing Amiibos as fast as they can. Which I believe is getting in the way of their game development process/quality which in turn produces spin offs that no one really cares for. For instance The new Animal crossing game. Instead of making a full fledge Animal crossing HD you decide to make a Mario party rip of instead. Another example would be Metroid Federation Force. Which has angered fans to the point of making a petition to stop Nintendo from producing it. Yes there are good games coming this year - Well only one I can think of that is not a spin-off which is Xenoblade X. Also there are good games that already came like Yoshi's Wholly World and Mario Maker. In fact this year is Nintendo's lowest ranking year on Metacritic. Also, might I add the fact that censoring games such as Xenoblade Chronicles isn't going to bring more sales but instead decrease them. Only because you are not giving us what you promised. A fully uncensored port of the game. So please Nintendo, listen to your fans. Stop censoring stuff that isn't made for kids in the first place. It is not going to do you any good.

Sincerely,

Insert name here

Is what I would of sent.

Last edited by BurningDesire,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Nintendo,

I thank you in advance for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read my letter. First off me and many other people in the gaming community mourn MR. Iwata's death. He was a great inspiration and loved by many. However as of this year I have noticed a few changes. Sadly none of them are good ones. Ever since the Amiibo shortage Nintendo has been focused primarily on producing Amiibos as fast as they can. Which I believe is getting in the way of their game development process/quality which in turn produces spin offs that no one really cares for. For instance The new Animal crossing game. Instead of making a full fledge Animal crossing HD you decide to make a Mario party rip of instead. Another example would be Metroid Federation Force. Which has angered fans to the point of making a petition to stop Nintendo from producing it. Yes there are good games coming this year - Well only one I can think of that is not a spin-off which is Xenoblade X. Also there are good games that already came like Yoshi's Wholly World and Mario Maker. In fact this year is Nintendo's lowest ranking year on Metacritic. Also, might I add the fact that censoring games such as Xenoblade Chronicles isn't going to bring more sales but instead decrease them. Only because you are not giving us what you promised. A fully uncensored port of the game. So please Nintendo, listen to your fans. Stop censoring stuff that isn't made for kids in the first place. It is not going to do you any good.

Sincerely,

Insert name here

Is what I would of sent.
Send it. Send it now. Before it's too late.

D

Deleted User

Dear Nintendo,

I'm sorry GBAtemp has people this stupid sending you letters.

Our bad.

-HM
It's the sad truth unfortunately...
These people think Nintendo are just gonna acknowledge and instantly take it all on board. :P
Come on, we all know Nintendo by now! :D

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Send it. Send it now. Before it's too late.
Not so fast, this will have to go to their new ceo directly with proper japanese translation.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, that was a short letter wasn't it?

Splatoon? Mario Maker?
Maybe it's just me, but even if Nintendo disappointed me a lot this year (especially Pokemon Picross instead of Z, only stability updates for both Wii U / 3DS, and Xenoblade censorship :angry: ) it wasn't a completely bad year, at least for me.

Well. I get your point, but they clearly not focused too much on the amiibos. On the contrary, I would say they have been really listening to feedback, as now (at least in Europe) every Amiibo is fairly simple to find (just the other day, I found a Rosalina, King Dedede, Meta Knight and Woolly Yoshi Amiibo in one store, and those were practically impossible to buy except online for more than ~70$ ) with the recent restocks, here in Europe at least. And actually, even if Nintendo focus "too much" on amiibos, you can't really blame them, since their objective is to make profit, and amiibos are really popular.

While I agree with you on that point (some games released this year were really not that good compared to their predecessors), those are not "Games made by Nintendo": they are games Nintendo only published, not developed, afaik. Mario Maker and Splatoon were totally awesome games. So why I still agree on the fact that some games were pretty bad, that was probably not influenced by Nintendo focusing too much on something.

When Amiibo came out, people were complaining about how they were not used in any games. One year later, people are complaining of the fact they are used everywhere.
Seriously, Amiibos' features are practically never that important on the games (except maybe the 2 new animal crossing games). And actually, I like this kind of thing; you buy an Amiibo because you like the character, and then you can use it for small bonuses in a lot of games.
Anyway, all the "big" extra content is available with DLCs, and my opinion depends on what game we're talking here. For Smash bros, for example, I think it's totally ridiculous; 5 euros (= 1 small indie game / medium game if in sale) for one character, 2 euros for miis costumes, etc etc. I think those are completely useless, and overpriced. However, on games like MK8, I really think the 8 euros asked for 2 DLCs that add ~50% of content to the game are definitely worth it.

Well, let's be honest here, there will ALWAYS be people complaining on anything Nintendo does, because people just like to whine about anything and everything. I think this image sums up the situation pretty well.
This is less than first draft.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your letter will probably be read by a secretary/office lackey who would probably give a standard, "thank you for taking the time to write the letter. We will pass your concern to the relevant people".

Then they will probably file it under the "needs a waaaaaaambulance" folder. Seriously, the letter sounds like a parent going up to a kid who failed all their tests and saying, "now I know your favourite pet died but seriously, get your shit together".

Reactions: VinsCool

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Part 1:
Dear (new CEO) of Nintendo,
As I would represent myself and unknown population of people with the same thoughts as mine in the West, I must say that Nintendo is in a state of emergency. If the NX would fail, so would the company, and worse the entire industry.
First I must address 2015, which as you would see the sale is not going as well as e3 2014 should had make it. To this point if it was not for Mr.Iwata's unfortunate death Nintendo would have lost a portion of its more supportive population. As you personally have projected earlier that wii u will not do well, and only the most loyal fans would support it in its early stage, while they would now bare mockery from the ps4/ xbox one population.
To lose such population, as Nintendo may make another mistake in the future, is to bring death upon itself. The very reason people still support Nintendo is not solely for the presence of the likes of Mario and Zelda, but that the company itself ensure innovation, quality, joy and depth. Sadly, a large portion of the games in 2015 are not to be entitled with such honour. Zelda Tri Force heroes for example, lacks plot even compared to four sword on the gameboy or the difficulty of puzzles like any Zelda before it. Or to consider the negative reactions the fans give to federation force. As of my personal opinion, there is no need to have samus or metroid's art style, or even its dark atmosphere, but federation force lacks one experience metroid would always have, exploration. While nintendo needs a broader audience, it is more important to preserve the core values and core audience. Also suppose such game can grab the interest of mainstream audience, they will find the proper entries to be different from what they expect from the spin-off, and that does not always mean they will like it.

Last edited by Yil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.