Hacking A recent tale of system sent back for repairs....

Calyptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the goal of this thread is to give an updated account of what happens (or at least what happened to me) when you send a system under warranty for repairs. spoiler alert, and to no surprise the system comes back patched and on the latest version...

long story short I brought my system back to where I bought it since it was under warranty after having a booting issue caused by me and choi du jour. the system was sent back to Nintendo and took about 1 month to come back repaired, completely free of charge. the reason why im making a thread about this though is because, rather interestingly, my system was REPLACED rather than REPAIRED. the serial numbers do not match... I had sent in a XAJ40037 and got back instead a XAJ10035 (older model). I found this to be rather interesting and thought I would share it with you all.... but sadly (and with no surprise) the unit is patched. I am able to boot into RCM no problem but payloads dont push through (stays black screen)... the system is currently on 9.0.1.

luckily I have a second JBed Switch that im rockin as my daily and going to be MEGA careful with this one......

anyway hope this was of some utility to someone

regards

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is known to happen with systems that are sent in for repair.

Also why did you send a software bricked Switch in for repair, software bricks are easy to fix :P

Calyptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, this is known to happen with systems that are sent in for repair.

Also why did you send a software bricked Switch in for repair, software bricks are easy to fix :P
Well me and another member facing the same issue were unable to get past it. Check my post history to see what we tried. Seeing as the warranty was ending very soon I told myself better to have a working system and take a gamble with Nintendo while it's still free. Ironically the system I sent in was suppose to be my "JB" switch while my currently JB was ment to be kept as stock/reserve. The roles have now switched....on the switch(badum tzz)....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality