Hacking A real R4 Sdhc? Cuz it works... sort of

Maxteria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i recently bought a R4 SDHC at http://www.r4sdhc.com/ . The site looks suspicious indeed, BUT the card works, i hace the R4i Renovation with the 2.10T firmware. The thing is, all my games works, not a single that doesn't, but on some of them I can't save! (I know that there's plenty of other threads around about this) but there isn't a single one that speaks plain and simple english about it. The games in general are Bowser inside story and professor layton. I've read a bit about anti-piracy-protection, but i own the license for the games, so that isn't to worry about. I can save in the game, and it stands that i have saved, and when i look at the files I can see the .sav file. But when i restart the game it's all gone. How do I properly fix this? I would even apreciate if a moderator screamed in my face for creating this (to you) pointless thread, as long as he guide me towards a solution.... I can't take the searching anymore.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the record, "real R4SDHC" is a massive oxymoron. Those cards are all clones of the original R4. Also, they generally don't work very well, as either their firmwares are abandoned, or simply not good. Sorry to tell you this, but chances are that your only solution for those games is to either see if you can find a patch, or get a new card. :/

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry but you should change cards. Support for the R4 brand is extremely weak unless it's the original R4 with Wood.

If you really want an R4, here:

R4 Wood Compatible @ www.shoptemp.com

Or if you want to spend a little extra cash for a better supported card in case you upgrade to a DSi, the Acekard 2i is your best friend. It has official support and it has the support of AKAIO. So you can't go wrong. And it's only $15.00.

Acekard 2i @ www.shoptemp.com

Or if you have the cash and really want to help yourself with support, no worry about anti-piracy, and want GBA and SNES emulation, DSTWO is your best friend.

Supercard DSTWO @ www.shoptemp.com

Either of those cards are milestones better than R4 SDHC and has much better support.

Maxteria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, quicky answers! Thanks
smileipb2.png
But if mine is a "clone".. how come some games actually work goody-time? They aren't really that old (half a year or so).

And another thing. Some bloke spoke about using YSMenu., dunno wut that is here's the link http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=28719.0 he said it was working with sdhc, and that's what brought me to this site (which seems very good
bow.gif
) Does that method work for me?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably because they're cracked roms. You might not have gotten clean roms. But these days, people "cracking" roms isn't as active as it was a few years ago because cards are able to do it themselves.

Maxteria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok :
sad.gif
dumb stupid companys. On the other hand, there's just a few games I "wan't" to play,, so shouldn't be too hard finding em with crack
evil.gif
Thanks for everything!

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I brought my r4 from Malaysia and i had the same problem but i took it back and i am not sure what they did but i think they changed the micro sd card or the flash cart it self , so maybe try a different micro sd card? i could be wrong but worth a try

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maxteria said:
smileipb2.png
But if mine is a "clone".. how come some games actually work goody-time? They aren't really that old (half a year or so).

And another thing. Some bloke spoke about using YSMenu., dunno wut that is here's the link he said it was working with sdhc, and that's what brought me to this site (which seems very good
bow.gif

I have looked into your firmware. It appears to be running a slightly modified version of the DSTT firmware, with renamed files. (GAMEINFO.dat being Infolib.dat, etc)

it seems to use the R4i-SDHC DLDI, so i wouldn't be surprised if it ran the actual R4i-SDHC firmware. I'm going to mess around with this.

Also, how could you not know it was fake? The site Says R4 Revolution but the box says R4 Renovation. Lol

EDIT: Ohhh, you bought the R4 SDHC, im going to look into that lol i looked into the newest one.

EDIT2: I apologize sincerely! Your card is a DSTT! Congrats, your in the same crap-hole as me! your infolib file can be found in the _PATCH folder. I suggest you download the latest version of the DSTT infolibs:
CODEhttp://filetrip.net/f22125-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-6-322.html
Overwrite the current files of matching names, ull have to hunt for them
(infolib.dat and extinfo.dat are in _PATCH , Savelib.dat is in _system_)

EDIT3: Just to clear things up, your card is a fake DSTT with R4 written on it, some minor edits to the hardware and software firm, and uses YSMenu already (Might be visible from taping the VERY bottom of the bottom screen on the rom select screen).
moogle.gif

Maxteria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bunie said:
Maxteria said:
smileipb2.png

And another thing. Some bloke spoke about using YSMenu., dunno wut that is here's the link he said it was working with sdhc, and that's what brought me to this site (which seems very good
bow.gif

I have looked into your firmware. It appears to be running a slightly modified version of the DSTT firmware, with renamed files. (GAMEINFO.dat being Infolib.dat, etc)

it seems to use the R4i-SDHC DLDI, so i wouldn't be surprised if it ran the actual R4i-SDHC firmware. I'm going to mess around with this.

Also, how could you not know it was fake? The site Says R4 Revolution but the box says R4 Renovation. Lol

EDIT: Ohhh, you bought the R4 SDHC, im going to look into that lol i looked into the newest one.

EDIT2: I apologize sincerely! Your card is a DSTT! Congrats, your in the same crap-hole as me! your infolib file can be found in the _PATCH folder. I suggest you download the latest version of the DSTT infolibs:
CODEhttp://filetrip.net/f22125-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-6-322.html
Overwrite the current files of matching names, ull have to hunt for them
(infolib.dat and extinfo.dat are in _PATCH , Savelib.dat is in _system_)

EDIT3: Just to clear things up, your card is a fake DSTT with R4 written on it, some minor edits to the hardware and software firm, and uses YSMenu already (Might be visible from taping the VERY bottom of the bottom screen on the rom select screen).
moogle.gif
I'm a bit confused, can't find either _PATCH or _system_ ? Thanks anyway!
rofl2.gif

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
iluvfupaburgers said:
that is actually the only good r4 clone out in the market. you can use waio v1.15 and your problems will be solved. but you cant use cheats on waio
That comment is wrong because this card is version 2 and cannot be used with xenons patched wood engine (not waio, as that doesn't have wood 1.15 engine as it just uses extlink aka ysmenu)
The one above however s version one, the original and can be used with xenons patched wood engine therefore making it the best R4 clone.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
btyre said:
iluvfupaburgers said:
that is actually the only good r4 clone out in the market. you can use waio v1.15 and your problems will be solved. but you cant use cheats on waio
That comment is wrong because this card is version 2 and cannot be used with xenons patched wood engine (not waio, as that doesn't have wood 1.15 engine as it just uses extlink aka ysmenu)
The one above however s version one, the original and can be used with xenons patched wood engine therefore making it the best R4 clone.

Although there is another, forgoteen the name, which the team has made wood work on their card.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
wait, what? are you saying the r4 from www.r4sdhc.com ? i know wood doesnt work on it, wood only works on the original r4. and waio is pretty much wood, but for clones. it does have v1.15 loader of wood. i am even using it on my r4 sdhc card. from the site i mentioned

ganonthesage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also having save issues. I like that this card can play recent games, but the saves are my only issues. I have YSmenu as part of it. If we can figure out what to change to get games to save, that would be cool. Maybe games have to be arm7 patched???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb