A REAL MODERN WARFARE STRATEGY TOPIC

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by DDeeds, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010
  1. DDeeds
    OP

Newcomer DDeeds Advanced Member

United States
    So it seems y'all...from what I hear about the couple post about the match is there were were too many rambos...and a sniper.

Everyone needs to remember, you can't be a rank or stat whore if you want to win...you need to picka postion and do your job.

I have learned in TDM when engaging an enemy a 2 on 1 is your best odds...a 3 on 1 is better, and your entire team on 1 will pawn. With no ADS or reticle its especially hard to aim for unseasoned players, but with extra bullet damage in HC matches...the more bullets you have aimed and shooting at an enemy, the better your odds and winning and engagement.

On a 5 player team, there are certain positions each one has to play- 3 on point, a flanker, and one to watch the flank, which I like to call the 'Tailgunner'.

Pointmen need to be accurate and lay down medium to long range high rate of fire e.g. LMG or automatic assault rifles.

Flankers need to be 'Aces' and are the Rambos of the squad because you need to get ahead of the 'line of engagement' safely and be still be able to take down the enemy, without getting hit by friendly fire.

Tailgunner will usually get the least kills, but as I said we ain't competing between us....the pointmen and flanker do the dirty work. It's still an important position. One has to anticipate where the flanker is coming from, always expect a flanker. Also, fit yourself with C4 or claymores...claymores preferably as they are lay down and forget. Put them next to alley entrances behind your team or next to a car which will blow the car up too, if possible.

Street Engagements:

Go through the streets, right behind eachother, until you find the enemy advancing you in the street.

Follow these next actions

5 players taking cover but spread out, due to friendly fire and point loss > 3 pointmen and flanker guns aimed towards the advancing enemy firing> 1 Player then takes cover and watches the flank for any potential enemy players trying to outflank your team. Look for pathway entrances or building entrances.

Pointmen need to get the enemy engaged into a fire fight and pin them down into non-advancing position...heavy rates of fire will force them to take cover...spread out and create a kill zone. Pointmen on the left side of the street shoot across right and vice versa. Shoot anything that is moving without a green gametag over there head...bandolier, stopping power and deep impact would fit this position...maybe an ACOG scope on an LMG, depending on your preference, but a red dot sight works if you don't have it yet.

Once it seems the opposing team is engaged with yours...the flanker takes action and sprints to find away safely around the enemy or a way to get 'side position', which is another angle of attack on the enemy while distracted by the rest of the your team's fire. Try not to knife to reduce friendly fire.

This strategy works well with wide streets and lots of cover, like Strike and District.

My thumbs hurt from typing on my Gphone...but I will want to talk about clearing buildings on maps like Bloc....but I wanna hear any comments you have about this topic, like my positions...tips for each position that I might not have covered...or other general 'street engagement' strategy.

2. Davess

Member Davess On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)

Canada
    Thanks Bro!

3. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    I like your ideas on strategy and team movement. I think we should practice in groups of 3, 4, or 5 (whoever is online), then go into random, play other teams/clans, or play private clan matches team on team, and see who works together best and how we can improve defensively or offensively. If everyone wants to screw around and whatnot, then that's okay too. Just don't expect to win many wars.

4. DDeeds
    OP

United States
    I would like to hear more of you thoughts about my last post and from the 'leadership' to see if you actually want to implement these strategies and if you agree with what I'm posting.

Clearing rooms:

Memorizing a map and each structure is important in this topic. Each structure has at least two entrances into the strucutre. Getting at least 1-2 team players in each entrance is important in seiging a structure.

Everyone on your team barreling through one entrance of a building increases the chance of an LMG or a gun with high rate of fire to cut the entire team down and also reduces Friendly fire while trying to maneuver against the enemy firing at us.

Frags are important. Being able to shoot through walls can come in handy, but not necessary.

When the pointman is ready to enter a room he should throw a frag grenade or at least a flash/stun grenade. Enters a room or hallway and engages an enemy...the second man waits, watches your tail and if your teammate wasn't successful ( watch the 'news ticker' ) . Then, throw a frag or flashbang and enter...basically repeating the process.

If the point man was succesful...continue to the next room or through the rest of the building. Careful when going up ladders and up stairs...they are very popular spots for claymore. The pointman needs to not only check for enemies in the rooms, but before entering, be mindful of claymores.

I would like to talk about securing a structure in my next post.

5. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    Where did you learn all of this stuff? Is it common sense, or something more? [​IMG]

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    this information has been around for a long time since it was released on the other systems
    people learned the maps, where the campers like to hide and the popular spots

7. DDeeds
    OP

United States
    Well, im sure its been talked about before...grant it I only own a Wii and never played a COD game before...was more into sports games...but my girl bought me MWR and once I killed my first enemy I was addicted. These are just some of my own experiences and thoughts on how to go about playing Team based matches...mixed with actual military and SWAT tactics that I learned from watching the military channel.

8. DDeeds
    OP

United States
    Headquarters

It would be nice to get some screenshots of the common HQ locations in each map, but that's not happening until I can afford a computer.

I do want to talk about some observations of mine on how it works well to win.

Obviously you win by capturing AND HOLDING the headquarters until the alotted time is up. Deaths do not matter.

So my observations.

When starting the match you must run to the HQ. The other team is coming right away too...it is best to not all rush to capture. 1-2 players should be the designated capturers...who sprint into the HQ to capture. While the remaining 3 are distracting the other team long enough away ffrom the HQ, to capture the base. Once captured, DO NOT SIT NEXT TO THE HQ.

Hide nearby andd shoot anything the comes towwards the HQ. The point is to then distract the enemy to keep racking up points, until the time runs out.

---

A few seconds before the time runs out and your team respawns, if you are alive...they will usually spawn near you...which is near the enemy who were trying to destroy the HQ....run away....to the other side of the map...the HQ is most likely to be on the other side of the map...and your team will respawn near you, away from danger...closer to the next HQ. You tend to find a pattern on where each HQ will spawn, so be mindful of that.

---

If the other team captures the HQ first, Captuers are the ones still who try and destroy the HQ by running straight in taking down anyone they can on the wway in. Martyrdom is great for Capturers. Capturers running straight to the HQ is a great way to find out how many enemy members are nearby the HQ, letting the 3 other members mobilize to pick them off. You cannot stop running in for the HQ...as wasted time is points for the enemy.

---

Capturer

Perks(in my opinion)

Frag/Special grenades
    Martyrdom
    Extreme Conditioning

Weapon

Sniper attachment- Submachine gun like P90- Close-Medium range weapon high capicity - no LMG's
    ---

Those are my thoughts and observations...anyone have anything to add to this?

9. arodey

Member arodey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    not really anything to add. couldnt you just link to one of the many sites already existing with this and similar information on them, or do you just like to here yourself talk? oh and do a segment on ninja defuses, they are my favorite!!!

10. DDeeds
    OP

United States
    Show me a link and Ill shut up.

These were my own personal views on this game as I said before...I never played COD before Reflex. I googled a couple times for some Reflex strategy guides for multiplayer...and quite frankly I don't care what you say cuz the content I'm providing here had over 30 guests viewing this board today at one time....so its obviously not a bad topic.

Get off my dick bro...I'm over you already...I have no beef with you.

11. arodey

Member arodey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    http://www.cod4central.com/
    That site has everything anyone would ever want to know. I see that what your really after is getting your view count up on this thread. I'm just busting your balls bro, you've never done anything beyond wasting my time by reading your posts. And Gun Takers is uninspired, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Stop by chat sometime.

12. DDeeds
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the link. Topic closed then.

13. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    [​IMG]
    Thank you very much, very nice and comprehensive site!