Hacking A quick question before sending in my Wii for service...

niccador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii has been scratching up discs more frequently lately (the lovely concentric circles I'm sure everyone is familiar with), to the point that several of our more popular games are completely unreadable in any Wii now.

It's been doing it for some time apparently, which prompted me to go the softmod route for backup support (because god forbid you tell my 4 year old he can't play Mario Kart or Brawl!!!), and I had the problem confirmed for me when it started scratching up the backups as well.

So...I'm about to get in touch with NOA to get this thing serviced and see about replacing some of the games...

But before I send it in, should I be concerned about having softmodded the system?
Is there anything I should do to restore it to it's factory default state prior to sending it in? Or will they not really care as long as it hasn't been physically modified?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is there anything I should do to restore it to it's factory default state prior to sending it in? Or will they not really care as long as it hasn't been physically modified?
probably wont care, but might be a good idea to Format your wii
wink2.gif
or remove them channels hehe

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any official definitian of a 'QUICK QUESTION' ?
The amount of quick questions that appear on here that arent actually quick at all are unreal !

In answer to your qucik questionS :

1. Yes
2. Yes - remove using the wii channel remover.
3. They are getting more concerned as time goes by and are aware of it. Its hard to tell how they react.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would probably be fine just by removing any channels from the wii menu. i doubt thye will look through all the files on your wii.

the problem isn't even software related, its hardware, your disk drive. so as long as theres no homebrew or custom channels in the wii menu it should be fine.

if you're totally paranoid, remove everything.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
A friend of mine who used his Wii for several homebrew-related activities, sent his Wii to the repair center and they said that they can't transfer the files because the recovery disk always crashed (although his Wii appeared to be OK, except for random black/green dots while playing)... so he lost all his save games, but still got a new Wii free of charge. I recommend you to backup everything you can, just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: