Homebrew A Question

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope you need to use the 3DS regardless.

I used to be able to install cia files wirelessly, but that just doesnt work anymore sadly.

Mindus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope you need to use the 3DS regardless.

I used to be able to install cia files wirelessly, but that just doesnt work anymore sadly.

Thats bad. Because the write speed of the O3DS is not very fast... I get like 400 kb/s for 5 minutes and then just 100 kb/s.

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you know of any workarounds please let me know. But I havent had the need for cia files anymore since titledb exists.
I just installed a cia wirelessly by ntr 3.5+kit-kat on a 11.4 n3ds. seems like the kit-kat proyect is discontinued, but it still works, and I refuse to believe that anyone here is unable to search for a old version across the internet

Reactions: MattKimura

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can use a FTP like Boop to send .cia files directly from your computer to your 3DS, if that's what you're talking about.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah ^. Boop as well as Socket Punch still work flawlessly with FBI (program depends on version) to install CIAs remotely. You can still use a regular FTP to just transfer them to the SD card over wi-fi without installing them.

Mindus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah ^. Boop as well as Socket Punch still work flawlessly with FBI (program depends on version) to install CIAs remotely. You can still use a regular FTP to just transfer them to the SD card over wi-fi without installing them.

No, I want to install a cia on the SD without using the 3ds. so i put my SD in my PC to install the CIA on it, so i dont need to fight with the write speed of the O3DS

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I want to install a cia on the SD without using the 3ds. so i put my SD in my PC to install the CIA on it, so i dont need to fight with the write speed of the O3DS
You can't install CIAs to your SD card period without using a 3DS. I think you mean "install" as in put them on the SD card wirelessly, which you can do with an FTP server. . They are placed ON the SD card to be installed by a title manager like FBI.

So like I said, use an FTP to put the CIAs on your SD card through Wi-Fi, then go to FBI on your 3DS and install it. (Which I might add will take longer depending on your internet speed than doing it manually). Otherwise using boop or something similar will transfer and install the CIA to your SD card all at once, so it cuts the wait time in half. That's about as good as you're going to get. You have to deal with the crappy R/W speed when you're actually installing the game anyway which is why if it's slow it's easier to use boop.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If the money in my pocket would be infinite i could buy a N3DS :P
if i had infinite money the last thing that would come to my mind was getting a 3ds
would be too busy with blackjack and hookers...
ok maybe i would buy nintendo and end the "switch" nonsense, would buy sega, melt the 2 companies together, create the nintendo dreamcast 2
and then buy google and apple
toy with apple, like release a new apple phone every month and see who are the hard core fans that still buying their products, would continue this every month each adding something meaningless and removing some great feature (like apple did with the phone jack)
after like 10 months create the iphone NR (the iphone not rechargeable) everyone could get it in stores, would need to replace to a new battery like 3-4 times a week depending on use, would make a deal with duracell

damn, i would create the illuminati if it doesn't exist and play god.

but i wouldn't even get a n3ds.

Mindus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't install CIAs to your SD card period without using a 3DS. I think you mean "install" as in put them on the SD card wirelessly, which you can do with an FTP server. . They are placed ON the SD card to be installed by a title manager like FBI.

So like I said, use an FTP to put the CIAs on your SD card through Wi-Fi, then go to FBI on your 3DS and install it. (Which I might add will take longer depending on your internet speed than doing it manually). Otherwise using boop or something similar will transfer and install the CIA to your SD card all at once, so it cuts the wait time in half. That's about as good as you're going to get. You have to deal with the crappy R/W speed when you're actually installing the game anyway which is why if it's slow it's easier to use boop.

Ok thanks for all the help guys :)

if i had infinite money the last thing that would come to my mind was getting a 3ds
ok maybe i would buy nintendo and end the "switch" nonsense, would buy sega, melt the 2 companies together, create the nintendo dreamcast 2
toy with apple, like release a new apple phone every month and see who are the hard core fans that still buying their products, would continue this every month each adding something meaningless and removing some great feature (like apple did with the phone jack)
after like 10 months create the iphone NR (the iphone not rechargeable) everyone could get it in stores, would need to replace to a new battery like 3-4 times a week depending on use, would make a deal with duracell

Actually, you are right xD

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Enough. Here start my quotes compilation for signature xD

Reactions: migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol