Hacking a question about playing wii vc wad files

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey

first of all i just want to say that i used this site and the info it provided to succesfully install the homebrew channel and the gamma loader on 3 of my friends wii's so far - couldnt have done it without the info i found here so cheers to all for that.

secondly, i finally got around to installing it on my own wii... it took some doing this time... the cios installer wouldnt load (press "a" to continue - no button presses were recognised at all (3.3e ios36)) until i figured out that it was because i had a couple of gamecube memory cards plugged in. i retried with them unplugged and of course it worked first time... just thought id post because it was a bit of info i hadnt stumbled accross here and it may affect someone else at some point.

thirdly... (and lastly)... id like to play some old n64 VC titles. im a little confused as to what iam supposed to load onto my SD card in order to do this. i see a WAD Manager, a WAD installer and a WAD installer channel... can any of these be used to play VC wads or not? if anyone can point me to a guide of some sort (i did look, honestly) then that would be great. or else, any other info would be gladly received.

cheers in advance
gibberish

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can't plat wads, but you can install them as channels then play them. Put the wads in a folder called wad at the root of your sd card, the run wad manager. It will let you choose what wads to install. Wad installer installs all wads in the folder with no options.

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the fast reply.

can you tell me for what the "WAD installer channel" and the "WAD manager" are for as well? i assume the manager is for removing wads right?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wad installer channel probably does what its name says, installs wad installer as a channel. Wad manager allows you to install and remove wads individually, wad installer just installs everythhing.(wad uninstaller remoives everything)

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
alright thanks man...
one last question then ill go and try it out... im assuming each installed wad takes up one "block" on the menu screen...? is there a way to bundle all wads together into one "block" and choose which to load after selecting it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...