Hacking A question about how to update from RXTools

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched the device in quite a while (obviously), nor have I been following the scene. It seems now that nobody is hosting the url I need to boot RXTools.

The Luma guide says "If you have already hacked your 3DS before and have an EmuNAND based CFW setup, just follow all instructions while on SysNAND. Your data will be transfered from EmuNAND to your new A9LH install at the end.", but I don't know how I can get RXTools open without that URL being hosted anywhere, which means I can't get into SysNAND.

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but I'm so out of the loop I don't even know how to find it...! Sorry to be a pain, but if somebody could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. You guys have always been the best!

EDIT: Sorry, it's an O3DS XL running 9.2.0-20u, not sure what the emunand is running since I'm locked out. I think it was probably 11.2, I think I booted it up just to update when I heard about it.

Last edited by drakegraves,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know how I can get RXTools open without that URL being hosted anywhere, which means I can't get into SysNAND
Do you have menuhax? You said the url doesn't work, which sounds like you're not using menuhax, but then you say you can't boot into sysNAND - so I'll assume you have menuhax.
Try booting without the SD card in. If that doesn't work, swap the boot.3dsx with the one for the plain homebrew launcher. Then press Start for reboot options then pick the one that says don't reboot. This will let you into sysNAND.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that is the case just follow the guide from the beginning, is the emunand precious?
No, it isn't - So I'll be cool to just pretend like it's never had CFW? Oh shit, now that I re-read that quote again, it just says to follow the guide in sysNand. Gosh, I'm an idiot.

Do you have menuhax? You said the url doesn't work, which sounds like you're not using menuhax, but then you say you can't boot into sysNAND - so I'll assume you have menuhax.
Try booting without the SD card in. If that doesn't work, swap the boot.3dsx with the one for the plain homebrew launcher. Then press Start for reboot options then pick the one that says don't reboot. This will let you into sysNAND.

No, I had browserhax and nothing else. I can boot to sysNand, I just can't boot to emuNand. I actually did find an rxtools URL that is still up and running, but for some reason, it will load Gateway but it won't run rxTools. I get an error suggesting I restart the 3DS and try again.

But it sounds like I can just pretend like none of this ever happened and start over with a new CFW/entrypoint, right? I guess I don't see why not, since any changes I made are all on the SD card anyways... I really could have figured that out myself, I feel ashamed for starting a new post about it. Thanks guys.

Reactions: proflayton123

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it isn't - So I'll be cool to just pretend like it's never had CFW? Oh shit, now that I re-read that quote again, it just says to follow the guide in sysNand. Gosh, I'm an idiot.

No, I had browserhax and nothing else. I can boot to sysNand, I just can't boot to emuNand. I actually did find an rxtools URL that is still up and running, but for some reason, it will load Gateway but it won't run rxTools. I get an error suggesting I restart the 3DS and try again.

But it sounds like I can just pretend like none of this ever happened and start over with a new CFW/entrypoint, right? I guess I don't see why not, since any changes I made are all on the SD card anyways... I really could have figured that out myself, I feel ashamed for starting a new post about it. Thanks guys.
You will dump your emunand during the guide and then restore it on to your sysnand when you get a9lh. You do not need to open your emunand during any part of the guide so you should at the end have your emunand on sysnand and be able to acess it again. Here's the guide

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16