Hacking A pune cIOS coming near you

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like things could change very quickly.

In short, poon made his own "version of cIOS" that has fixed IOS reloads, and perhaps has changed the way how we do back up loading.
However he did say he would not create an actual cIOS installer, but his enhancements to Crediar work could create a new way in the back up loading area.

: poon?
: ?
: so you made your own cios?
: i have lots of IOS modules laying around. you could put them together and have a pune IOS
: i'd rather not
: what's so good about yours?
: ok. not lots. i have a few
: that is new mario being played from usb from the disc channel
: and also being played from a bunch of files, not a disc image
: yes that is sneek. but this also works fine as a normal IOS
: you just change the code in the ES module that actually loads the modules
: its made from the dip module of IOS60
: but loading from channel is useless pune since its a bitch changing the games
: channels load fine too
: well having a channel for each game is crap
: ive also changed it so sneek can load channels off my usb drive. so that means i have a 1TB nand in my wii and every game and channel is loaded with the correct IOS
: so in other words, you made ur own cios, that is equal or better then 249, 222-224?
: its mostly crediar's work. i just enhanced it
: no. its based off crediar's sneek module. he did most of the work, and he answered a bunch of questions while i was messing with this thing
: but i left it so it loads the system files off the sd card so it isnt slowed down
: its not better or worse. its just different
: poon, don't forget ios reloading
: i was about to ask that next.
: oh yeah, ios reloads and 002 errors arent an issue with this method
: since the system menu is loading the game
: also bca data is a moot point
: so each game has to be their own channel/>
: ?
: no. you just need a way to select games. you can do it with a channel for each game. but you dont have to
: there is a command to switch games just like other cIOSes have
: do you have MPT? it would be cool is you did another video with MPT to freak everyone out
smile.gif

: yeah. mpt works fine
: poon, can't you use an USB loader to use your cios, and to launch a game using the usb loader?
: you dont have to. you just need a IOS with this as a dip. and have a loader that reloads to that IOS. then you select the game. then you just start the game like you are loading a dissc
: poon, so adding support for GX is easy
tongue.gif

Later on

: wbfs still work with your plugin?
: it could. but it doesnt right now. this is strictly fat currently
: pune, I can easily add the frag support to it
: and then it will support ntfs too
: the issue with that is that it still needs to have the FAT stuff in it. thats how it survives the IOS reload

video of proof of concept.

www.sketter.net/pune-cIOS/out-3.mp4

IMG of MPT IOS reload fix proof of concept. (Poor) (if he makes a video i'll share it)

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/metroid.png/
http://img94.imageshack.us/i/metroid2.png/

Credit when Due
Crediar
Pune> this is actually just a modification of the current sneek di module. 90% of the code is from crediar

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think this got left out...
poon?
?
so you made your own cios?
i have lots of IOS modules laying around. you could put them together and have a pune IOS
i'd rather not
what's so good about yours?
ok. not lots. i have a few

and ...

its mostly crediar's work. i just enhanced it
no. its based off crediar's sneek module. he did most of the work, and he answered a bunch of questions while i was messing with this thing

this is actually just a modification of the current sneek di module. 90% of the code is from crediar. and it is not my intention to make this into a IOS. it works perfectly fine using sneek. i said that you COULD make an IOS out of it, not that i had plans to.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
i think this got left out...
no. its based off crediar's sneek module. he did most of the work, and he answered a bunch of questions while i was messing with this thing

this is actually just a modification of the current sneek di module. 90% of the code is from crediar

Modest like usually. Thanks anyway for all your work.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing.

Thanks giantpune for (I'd imagine) the countless hours of testing this and of course Crediar for laying the ground work.

When this is released we should have a future proof way of loading all games, WiiWare and VC from a HDD with no errors of anykind.

I hope when you release it that it will be easier for the n00bs than SNEEK was but at the end of the day it's the awesome features you can boast that will make it worth trading an eye for ( not my eye though
tongue.gif
)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm sorry...I don't realy get how this works...basicly like SNEEK can, right? The Disc-Channel loads the game? But doesn't this also means that there are no more cheats/vidpatches/forcing languages/etc. ? Doesn't sound good for me...

Oh well...let's wait how this turns out...

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
Blue-K said:
I'm sorry...I don't realy get how this works...basicly like SNEEK can, right? The Disc-Channel loads the game? But doesn't this also means that there are no more cheats/vidpatches/forcing languages/etc. ? Doesn't sound good for me...

You can use ANY discloader, even GeckoOS, to load your game
lecture.gif

Even stuff like RawkSD will work with USBHAX
smile.gif

Leathl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
and it is not my intention to make this into a IOS. it works perfectly fine using sneek. i said that you COULD make an IOS out of it, not that i had plans to.

So, do you have any plans for a public release?

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Leathl said:
giantpune said:
and it is not my intention to make this into a IOS. it works perfectly fine using sneek. i said that you COULD make an IOS out of it, not that i had plans to.

So, do you have any plans for a public release?

He doesn't mind sharing the code.

: but if you want to make an IOS from it, just add this to sneek... http://pastie.org/868244
: URL title: #868244 - Pastie
: http://pastie.org/868246
: URL title: #868246 - Pastie

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like the softmod-WODE. Nice indeed. Now only a decent way of selecting the games is needed. Shouldn't this also work for Gamecube-games? ^^ No?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From what i understand this will load games from FAT, will be IOS Reload resistant, and the games have to be in extracted form and .iso or .wbfs won't work.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I assume that this runs the games from an extracted partition the same way the USBHAX thing in SNEEK already does? If so, how'd you go about getting the extracted MPT to fit on a FAT32 partition? Did you split it somehow?

roy_hu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool stuff. The development environment looks very advanced. The window on the left shows debugging output. How is this achieved?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night