Hacking A probable problem regarding GBA Flash Card SC Version

univeruser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello, members of GbaTemp.com, I am glad to introduce myself into this forum page. I am a newbie to the GBA Super Card SD which supports the Mini SD card.

I download many GBA ROMs from the internet, only to find that most of them don't work on my Super Card SD. After countless hours of searching for a solution, I came upon this forum. Here, I shall explain my problem in detail:

I have downloaded many ROMs from the internet onto my SC card. But sadly, very few of them seem to work on my GBA. Regarding this, I found two probable solutions for this problem, the first being the upgrading of my SC Version, which is currently at 1.60. The second may be that I could convert the compatibility of the game to my SC version using a specific software for the task. I don't want to risk upgrading my SC Version to 1.63, as I heard this was disastrous as per other forums. If there is such a software to convert the compatibility for a ROM, please do help me witha suitable answer to this post, including a link to get the download.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA games do not work on the Supercard MiniSD by themselves. You must patch them first by using the special Supercard patching software.

However, I don't think the version you can easily find will work with your Supercard. I would suggest upgrading the firmware of the Supercard. First upgrade to 1.63 by downloading http://eng.supercard.cn/download/setupsdV255en.rar and putting the "sd_163b.bin" file on your card. Launch it to upgrade the firmware. This is the second release of 1.63 that is safe to use for upgrading. Then upgrade to 1.7 by installing sd_170.bin from http://eng.supercard.cn/download/sd_170.rar

From this point, it is safe to skip the next few firmware versions and install the latest 1.85 firmware from http://eng.supercard.cn/soft_minisd.htm

From that same page, download and install the v2.68 patching software to your computer. Open the software and select the GBA game to patch. Double-click the name to open the advanced patching options. When you're satisfied, click the "Out" button and wait for it to finish. The output files will appear in "C:\Program Files\SC\out" by default. Copy the *.gba and *.sav files (and possibly *.sci files if you enabled real-time-save) to your miniSD card and launch them from the Supercard menu.

If you need me to clarify anything I've said, just let me know.

univeruser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thanks, DanTheManMS. I've successfully upgraded my SC version to 1.85, being the latest in the SC series. But then, the problem still persists. I downloaded Super Monkey Ball Jr. from the internet, patched it with the patching software (ver. 2.86), copied the three files from the "out" folder in the SC program files folder to my Mini SD, played the .gba file from the three files I copied on my GBA, but after loading to 4558 kbits, the screen turns white. Nothing happens.

If you think it has something to do with the GBA console model, here are the details:

Advanced version of GBA
Includes backlight
Second version of the old GBA.

Please do help me with this problem. I shall greatly appreciate your reply.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold L+R when you power on the device and press A a few times. Do you see any errors? You can ignore the "not find test file" error, as that's harmless, but a PSRAM error indicates a hardware problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it