A place to buy in New York?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Maverick-jin8, Feb 28, 2007.

Feb 28, 2007
  1. Maverick-jin8
    OP

Member Maverick-jin8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, so I want to check all available options before I order online. So I was wondering if there are any known stores in NYC (Chinatown mainly), that sell flashcarts, mainly the R4DS which I plan on getting?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You will usually be limited to early GBA or even GBC carts if you go such a route although I seem to recall there was a store with a warehouse located in New Jersey although I can not recall the name. There have been a few "any real world stores in New York threads" before that garnered some useful info so my advice is do a search.

For the record though online stores are usually far cheaper and easier to deal with (feel like trying to return a card in Chinatown?).

3. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    That was real hot stuff that's located in New Jersey, I wrote them and asked them if they have a store but they only sell online.
    As for Chinatown there is only one big store that I used to buy modchips for the DC back then, and it's located on Grand and Elizabeth street, that's pretty much how detailed I can be, anyway it's right on the corner, on the south side of the street, you'll find it going toward the bridge.
    I haven't been there in quite some time but last time I checked they had some Max media player I believe.

4. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is this one store on Elizabeth street across the street from Elizabeth Center called J & L. its in Chinatown

I went there looking for a slot 1 card also and the only thing i could find there was a supercard there. I even asked them if they had it(maybe they ahd it in the back) and they didnt have any.

maybe they have updated their inventory since last week which is when i asked them but i doubt they will have it. I want to buy one in chinatown too but im sure the prices will cost more and be very hard to find. Im not sure if there are any more stores like J & L in chinatown..... If there is, i would like to know it lol

this is my first post lol [​IMG]

5. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Yes, that's the one I was referring to, J & L.

6. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its not on Elizabeth and Grand lol, its Elizabeth and Canal :S

Just nitpicking there

And the last time i checked there (last week) they only had a supercard and some other random stuff that isnt anything like R4Ds or anything like that

maybe they have it now but i doubt it. Maybe you can ask them to order it for you, if they agree to order it for you, PM me and tell me lol, ill go there and ask them too :S