roylazarovich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi Everyone.

I've started a petition to issue a formal request to the M3 Team to improve the support for the M3 and G6 by working more closely with homebrew developers and providing them with the tools they need to support these fine products.

If you'd like to participate, Please go here to sign the petition and make your voice heard.

Thank you.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Signed.
smile.gif

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Signed!

Bad homebrew support is the reason why I haven't bought a M3 or G6 Lite.
I run homebrew on my old DS using SuperCard SD instead.

My DS Lite is "untouched" so far.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
signed!

but i don't realy care, as long as i can play monkey island with scummvm and save i don't have any problems with worthless homebrew support ;P but an extra name on the list isn't wrong?
wink.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, ScummVM support can always be improved so games with voices can be played. Also, the coolest homebrew like DSOrganize, Doom DS and Moonshell don't quite run on the G6 Lite..

BTW, I sent G6 Flash an e-mail before I saw the petition. Here's what I got back (within a day!):

QUOTE said:
Hi ,

Thanks for your information & concern about our products .

We did our best to finish doing G6 /M3 lib for the developer.

But it is not suitable for all the developers .

In fact the lib we offered is similar to the lib from SC ,and their lib is
also not source form.

We don't really understand it due to I'm not a developer.

We had solicited opinions from many users.

And we will forward the email to our developer .

I will discuss with our developers about related problems.

Regards

Looks like they take things serious!
yaynds.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Well, ScummVM support can always be improved so games with voices can be played. Also, the coolest homebrew like DSOrganize, Doom DS and Moonshell don't quite run on the G6 Lite..

BTW, I sent G6 Flash an e-mail before I saw the petition. Here's what I got back (within a day!):

QUOTE said:
Hi ,

Thanks for your information & concern about our products .

We did our best to finish doing G6 /M3 lib for the developer.

But it is not suitable for all the developers .

In fact the lib we offered is similar to the lib from SC ,and their lib is
also not source form.

We don't really understand it due to I'm not a developer.

We had solicited opinions from many users.

And we will forward the email to our developer .

I will discuss with our developers about related problems.

Regards

Looks like they take things serious!
yaynds.gif

I'm not so sure, I got the EXACT same response when I emailed them. Every single word is the same.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

I'm not so sure, I got the EXACT same response when I emailed them. Every single word is the same.

frown.gif
That's a shame to hear. I wonder though, are they afraid to release those sources for some reason? I find it ironic to see manufacturers advertise their products 'to be able to run homebrew code', while in fact not being very cooperative. But seeing they released some kind of library (G6M3fatlib.rar) they may release the files developers can really use.

I read here what chism said about the released lib thing:

"Hmm, they distributed it as a precompiled library, based on the old gba_nds_fat. That doesn't make it easy to correct bugs, nor to incorporate it into libfat. I could disassemble the functions from within the .a file, but I don't really see why I should have to. Distributing it in this form also means that another version of each app that uses gba_nds_fat needs to be compiled for G6/M3 support. Is there really so difficult to release the source, even if it is in asm? They are clearly visible inside the .a file anyway (eg G6_SelectSaver)."

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's not like EVERY homebrew isn't working. it's just dsorganize u're all worried about right (or future ones involving saving)?

I don't think they will do anything if it's just ONE homebrew you're worrying about. Might as well get SC lite

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's not like EVERY homebrew isn't working. it's just dsorganize u're all worried about right (or future ones involving saving)?
Yeah, many homebrew just works. But (correct me it I'm wrong) some homebrew uses files other than .nds files, for example ScummVM DS with speech. In order for homebrew like that one it needs to know how to load files from the device it's running on, and the only ones that know that right now are the G6 developers. At least, that's how I see the situation now (I don't even have my G6 Lite now, it's somewhere in an airplane right now
tongue.gif
)

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's right, Jelbo. Only homebrew that looks to external files outside the .NDS won't work. Personally I'm mostly interested in the games and emulators when it comes to homebrew, I could care less abot stuff like DS Organize (which I tried on my Supercard and it doesn't offer features that I can't get with an 89cent spiralbound notebook). About 98% of homebrew games work, only three or four have an external file system. And all the emulators I've tried have a way of appending the ROMs to the emulator file into one .NDS, so they all work, too.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0