Apple A petition for Apple to sign all IOS firmwares

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I was thinking to go do that, but testing the battery shows it's more than fine. I might as well bring it in for "repairs", though, but I'm not sure if it's the issue if my battery is supposedly still alright.
Apparently apple is running out of batteries.

But office depot and office max are offering same day battery replacement's for around the same price.

http://bgr.com/2018/01/12/iphone-battery-replacement-program-apple-vs-office-depot/

The recommended I found here is replacing about every 2 years.

Battery drains quick too in my iphone. I probably gotta replace my battery.
Or it might be all that background stuff running i'll need to manually turn off.

Shad0w136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really about signing it or not, but just the act of creating petitions is stupid in my opinions. if i could have 1 example of a petition that made a company change something....
but even then in this case we are talking about a product that was deisgned to only works with said signed by apple firmware. and its been like this since the ipod. if customers are ignorant enough to buy products as is then they shouldn't complain about mandatory firmware signing. people should inform themselves better about their products' "features" before buying. and to be honest, im still surprised - given most of their business practices -that they're still signing the last firmware of each and every one of their products. they could easily render old devices more than obsolete, yet first iphone firmware - and even my ipod mini from 15 years ago - are stil signed. so people honest shouldnt complain about that, and buy android/linux smartphone if they want something more open, instead of complaining about a proprietary softwares being proprietary..

I do see where you are coming from and you make some valid points, but even if they
After reading your post and that petition I can't help but think you'd be better off with an Android device, you really don't seem like the Apple target demographic.

I actually do have an android device, its an old one but I definitely rooted it. I don't know why but can't find myself liking androids as much as i do idevices. Don't get me wrong, the customization is awesome and what you can do with it, but for me, any androids I've ever had seemed to have a [insert app here] is not responding. With that being said, I've noticed latest iOS have problems of randomly respringing your device, and apps just crashing because you are a higher update and your phone is incompatible with the application.

This is some of the reasons I hope the petition gets signed. I'd prefer not paying money for something I used to use frequently and then not being able to use it because the degraded performance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it