1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    is I am setsuna supposed to be in the same universal, spiritual successor, or just made by a lot of the same people as the chrono trigger series? I think I bought the game on the switch, but I'm not sure.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I never said it, but I know a lot of people have. :P

looks like I did:

20201011_221428_HDR.jpg

my friend atreyu recommended it to me. he said it was either a sequel or a spiritual successor or something like that to chrono trigger. I haven't played it yet. it's on the vita I think as well.

2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul

United States
    It was published by Square Enix...outside of that though? I couldn't tell ya'. I heard mixed opinions on I Am Setsuna, though.

godreborn likes this.
  3. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had just gotten into Turbografx collecting in the mid 90s and there were a few that were quite special to me on that machine. Cosmic Fantasy 2 never got the recognition it would have if it has been on any other machine, but the highlight is probably Sapphire. It reminds me a lot of the Amiga demoscene, where programmers would do everything in their power to push the machine to it's absolute limit. Sapphire did that on the PC-Engine while actually making a fun game. It's become more widely known in recently years, but that's mostly due to it's now insane price tag.

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    @Glyptofane on here, a childhood friend of mine, asked if chrono cross was any good. from what I remember, it almost seems like a game that started as something else, but then it ties in later. I beat it, but it was years ago.

very good soundtrack. it's on the pce engine/turbo grafx mini. the game is like hundreds, if not thousands, for a legit copy. someone was trying to sell his copy in mint condition for a little under five grand on ebay.

5. Teletron1

Teletron1 Space Tech Engineer

United States
    Childhood Wizard and Warriors NES
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then Syphon filter which the fact Sony has the rights and hasn’t done anything with it is mind blowing “Gabe !!!!!” Honorable mention Soul Reaver
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by Teletron1, Oct 12, 2020
    m_babble likes this.
  6. WigWrm

WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mole Mania and Scooby-Doo Classic Creep Capers for the Gameboy. Two of my favorites.

Ooo and Pirates The Legend of Black Kat for the xbox!

7. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing Wolf Blass Shiraz Drinker

Australia
    OkamiDen - a oft-forgotten sequel to Okami, that was only ever released on the Nintendo DS. Due to system hardware restrictions, it's not as expansive as its predecessor, but the story and characters are still fantastic.

I wish this would get remastered...

8. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When I was a lad, my brother and I were always playing games together on the Sega Genesis, the Playstation and on PC. One old game that he and I played a lot of was an old 3rd person space shooter called Outwars that pre-dated Halo, and it was an absolute blast to play for its time! Sadly, it shipped with a number of bugs and somewhat drab gameplay in its singleplayer campaign. Not to mention, it came at a time when Quake 2 had set a new standard for computer graphics. Multiplayer was where this game shined though, especially since it made use of all three dimensions with the use of jetpacks and gliders. My brother and one of our friends had an absolute blast in this game! And of course, being the inexperienced little brother, he beat me every time.

[​IMG]

9. MohammedQ8

MohammedQ8 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Kuwait
    My favorite sport game on sega megadrive.

Attached Files:

Last edited by MohammedQ8, Oct 12, 2020
  10. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Tiny Toons: Buster Bust Loose

HCartin likes this.
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Power Stone 2.

I'm sure many of y'all know about Power Stone 2, but it has since been long forgotten as the game is only on Dreamcast and PSP. I used to play the hell out of it when I had a Dreamcast and now I became aware a PS2 version was in the works.. just to get canceled. Smh.

Supposedly this would be the cover of the PS2 version:

[​IMG]

Scott_pilgrim and AlexMCS like this.
  12. ClickCLK

ClickCLK Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Great topic. My game of choice is Soleil for Sega Mega Drive (known in US as Crusader of Centy).

A friend of my somehow got a great collection of RPG and action/adventure games, which nobody else had (also nobody else was interested in them, but I never saw this games in stores, so I think they were rare where I lived). One of these games was Soleil. This game is a sega's answer to Legend of Zelda - a boy with a sword cutting monster (and can throw the sword too). I never played Zelda as a kid (never even saw a cartridge with one until much later), so I had nothing to compare, but this game was AMAZING! It's one of the hidden gems of the platform and a very good game. Playing this game (and Shining Force which I got from the same friend) has shaped my preferences in gaming to this day and even my interest in gaming and game consoles overall.

Highly recommended!

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    superman 64 is a must own.

14. tommasi

tommasi Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Penguin Adventure on MSX

56CC5C8D-9ECD-4361-9389-BB3A32AD2AB2.jpeg

Alato, naughty_cat and alexander1970 like this.
  15. mrgone

mrgone old man

Germany
    Transbot on the Sega Mastersystem.
    My cousin had it and i found out many years later, that there really is not more to it than the 3 levels we always played.

16. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I liked Cover Ops Nuclear Dawn on PS1, it played like a classic RE and was like a classic 90's action movie. A train has been hijacked and there is a nuke on itm you gotta find your way to it and disarm it.

17. Maq47

Maq47 Founder of Woolooism

United States
    Ultima VI: The False Prophet (both the SNES version, which I played as a kid, and the DOS version, which came later (I LOVED using pu6e; like this post if you've ever used it/heard of it) are remembered fondly) holds a lot of memories for me. I STILL sometimes think I hear the title screen music at night while trying to sleep on occasion. It is that deeply burned into my brain.

Astral_ likes this.
  18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    there was ultimate game, thinking it might've been VIII or something, that I loved as a kid. it was on the snes. my friend rented it, and he hated it, so I borrowed it from him during the rent period. I think the highest experience level was like 8, which I found odd.

19. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.
    Former Staff

1985's Zorro on the Atari 800.
    First game I remember playing religiously until we beat it:

Zorro.gif
    Atari800.jpg
    Atari 800XL with 5.25" floppy disc and tape deck.

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    @vincentx77 , is that an avatar of Dogi from Ys? damn fine series (going through ys origin on the switch). I was introduced to that series as a kid when my grandfather bought a turbo grafx 16, then later a cd attachment. I have the system at this very moment and have had since his death in the 90s. we never beat it (ys book 1 and 2) together, but I later beat it as a teenager.

Subtle Demise likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - remembered, means,