Hacking A noob and his custom firmware problems

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of, thanks to all the community for all their resources and work on creating a CFW for the 3ds. I really appreciate the drive the community has towards creating a free solution for 3ds hacking. Now onto to my situation:

I began the process of hacking a 4.3 o3ds yesterday with the intention of eventually having a 4.3 sysnand with a 9.8 rxTools signature patched emunand with dev menu installed. To begin I installed rxtools before realizing I first needed to install pasta for the dev menu. I proceeded to instal things in the following order: rxtools through a ds flascard, then palentine-PBT pasta through the mset exploit, then devmenu over wifi, then gateway emunand.

This is were my problems started, after installing emunand, my sysnand lost both the devmenu and the web browser and they were nowhere to be found in the emunand either. I concluded I must have done things in the wrong order and set out to start again. Today I formatted everything (3ds and sd card) and tried to install emunand first, then I followed this guide:
http://mega3dsroms.blogspot.com/2014/11/3ds-cfw-custom-firmware-tutorial-in.html
The results have been disastrous, at some point my sd card seemed to have gotten corrupted. Now whenever I insert it into my pc it displays in the root a shorcut to itself that leads me to what senns like another root, after that I downloaded and sd formater program and got back a whole GB of missing storage after reformatting with it. I thought this would have fixed the problem, but nope, every time I enter the sd into the 3ds it recreates the 3ds folders and when I put it back into my computer it gets that annoying shortcut again.

Any suggestions on what may be the root of my problems? should I format the 3ds again? is there a way to do an even deeper format than using the windows options or this:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
OUENDAN!!!!!!

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm very thankful to you, I will try that latter today and report back my results. but I still have one question: What can I do with my sd problem? is there some way to get ride of that shortcut thing that doesn't allow me to properly edit the root of the sd card? after using the sd formatter I got back my GB of space but the shortcut problem keeps coming back.

Rak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok here is an update to my situation: I resolved the sd problem (it was a virus) and proceeded to reformat everything (3ds and sd card), then I started that guide you gave me.
Everything went smoothly, I used the flashcard to get into gateway launcher, formatted emunand, installed rxtools, unlinked the nands and started updating in RX-E 4.3. It seemed like it was finishing, but then the update gave an error and the 3ds restarted, I booted up to sysnand and tried to get back into emunad but the 3ds black screens after launching rxtools, my emunand seemed to have bricked, I assumed this was a weird fluke and redid all the step to get back into a working emunand with rxtoolx, I started updating and.... bricked the emunand again in the same exact way...
Any suggestion to what may be my problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.