A Nintendo "Indie World" showcase is set for August 19th

OKM3vgf.png

Nintendo will be revealing news about indie games headed to the Nintendo Switch, according to a recent announcement. Called the "Indie World" presentation, this showcase will see Nintendo feature around 20 minutes of new information regarding upcoming indies on their platform. The livestream will kick off on August 19th at 9am ET, and will be watchable on Nintendo's official site. Stay tuned, as there will be live coverage summarizing the event as it airs.

:arrow: Source

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nintendo presents Nindies 2! Now with more games absolutely NO ONE cares about!!!

Very remarkable titles flourish from indie developers, and yes, there's a lot of forgettable garbage, but that's no reason for generalize everyone in the same sack.

Among those we have:

Celeste
Cup Head
Hollow Knight (This is a remarkable gem)
Cadence of Hyrule
Terraria
Stardew Valley
Undertale
Enter the Gungeon
Cave Story
And so on...

Heck, the best example is that Minecraft started as an indie game , so I don't see why some people bashes indie games before even trying them.

I personally am waiting for more info about Silksong (Hollow Knight Sequel), is a game I'm waiting since I finished the first one.

Last edited by DSoryu,

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very remarkable titles flourish from indie developers, and yes, there's a lot of forgettable garbage, but that's no reason for generalize everyone in the same sack.

Among those we have:

Celeste
Cup Head
Hollow Knight (This is a remarkable gem)
Cadence of Hyrule
Terraria
Stardew Valley
Undertale
Enter the Gungeon
Cave Story
And so on...

Heck, the best example is that Minecraft started as an indie game , so I don't see why some people bashes indie games before even trying them.

I personally waiting for more info about Silksong (Hollow Knight Sequel), is a game I'm waiting since I finished the first one.
These are good games, of course, but most of the nindies titles is just stuff no one cares about

Reactions: DuoForce and DSoryu

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
These are good games, of course, but most of the nindies titles is just stuff no one cares about

The best would be to have low expectations on this "Indie World" showcase, so if somthing interesting gets announced, we can see it with good eyes, remember that the past presentation of this sort revealed Cuphead for the switch and no one saw that coming :P

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's hope you miss all the good games:lol: - thers good and bad in everything so end of the day it's worth watching just for the good games

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last year we got the nes announcement a few days after the indie showcase. So here’s to hoping they announce an online expansion next week

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All I want is a release date for the english version of La-Mulana 2. It's out on Switch in Japan and they already have a localized version on PC, so surely it shouldn't take THAT much longer. Oh, and Rabi-Ribi too (though I think that one still isn't released in any regions, the developer tweeted that he had finished the port back in March...).

Last edited by Arras,

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just wait for a Nindie humble bundle since I own most ported indie games on pc already and they cost more on switch. It was nice when they had a couple for the Wii U amd 3DS.
Anyday now.........

I do hope to see some exclusive games that take adgantage of the unique hardware as I am a little tired of just seeing ports.

Reactions: StarHime

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never could get excited for these. Not saying indies are bad per se, but a lot of the stuff they show on these feels like shovelware...
There's only so much good AAA games available without all the microtransaction bullshit or being the walking simulator fetch quests. Once in a while a good indie is pretty much vital to balance that off.

Reactions: DANTENDO

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's only so much good AAA games available without all the microtransaction bullshit or being the walking simulator fetch quests. Once in a while a good indie is pretty much vital to balance that off.
Yes and you kno what these gamers tht slag off indies probably in ther last 10 games pld half of them are indies without them even knowing it-bunch of fools

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.