A Nintendo "Indie World" showcase is set for August 19th

OKM3vgf.png

Nintendo will be revealing news about indie games headed to the Nintendo Switch, according to a recent announcement. Called the "Indie World" presentation, this showcase will see Nintendo feature around 20 minutes of new information regarding upcoming indies on their platform. The livestream will kick off on August 19th at 9am ET, and will be watchable on Nintendo's official site. Stay tuned, as there will be live coverage summarizing the event as it airs.

:arrow: Source

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently SUPERHOT was found on the switch eShop servers, so that’ll probably be shown tomorrow and released not long after. (iirc it was an update file that was found even though the game technically isn’t there.)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As someone who plays almost exclusively indie titles, I actually look forward to this more than first party line-up.

There is, however, a large "but" in this. It's not so much that I prefer indie titles "because they are indies", but rather that AAA-titles require so much budget that the studios usually go for the common denominator. Meaning: they stick with what works. The result is that I feel like I've already played most of these.

Let's also not forget that 'indies' is just an indication of team size. Yes, smaller teams can often come up with things that large ones overlook due to group think or needing to stay in the bubble for marketing reasons, but that doesn't mean that what they come up with is automatically good somehow.

So...I'm curious about this. But I'm not proverbially rushing to the virtual stores just yet...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.