A Nintendo Direct will air this week, solely dedicated to Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Screenshot_20220620-100211_Feedly Classic.jpg

Were you waiting for a Nintendo Direct announcement? Well, wait no longer, as there's one on the way, just perhaps not the stream you were expecting. Nintendo will be hosting a 20-minute event, dedicated entirely to Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It's set to air on June 22, at 10am ET/16:00 CEST. We can expect to see new features alongside gameplay and story elements new to this entry. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 itself will be out next month on July 29th.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably because there is no actual june direct
There is, the thing is, they're dumping all this stuff all the door as fast as they can because they're going to announce the new switch
Take a gander at their Twitter and check how hard they're advertising Mario soccer. Harder than even pokemon legends.
They know it will disappear from the collective consciousness when they do it. That's also why their presentation is so far after the others.

The Xenoblade direct is a way to build contrast for later:
people will see how pretty it looks and how smooth it runs vs the trailer they saw a week before and run to buy the new switch.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo direct dedicated to one game...... because it has fuck all worth talking about, no one is interested in old last gen titles you lacked first time round been ported over and no one gives a crap about your premium subscription which adds more old crap, one n64 title here or there.

Boring.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, it's "give my honest opinion on a widely-liked game, that I just could not for the life of me see why it's so liked, even after doing a 100% playthrough a year or two ago, and hide it in a spoiler" Day.

I only did so because I had nothing better to do, and I wanted to try to see why so many people love it; turned out to be the most aggravating chore of a game I've sat through in quite some time. I'd prefer to have my teeth pulled than play that torturous release again.
i like it cause of the freedom given, you can do whatever you want, wanna fight ganon at the start of the game? go ahead, wanna 100% the shrines to get the armor of the wild get the hylian shield and get the master s word in order to brutally fuck ganon to death? go ahead, wanna make the game easier by going for the divine beasts? go ahead, I like that its not a purely linear game.

Reactions: cyb0rg

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm...no. Other way around - "thank you, Nintendo. This is the Direct we wanted. All I ask for is XC3 news. Then I'll be satisfied."
Who really cares about the sequel to the most boring and disappointing 3D Legend of Zelda game? The original was already crippled by an almost-complete lack of direction given to the player, extreme equipment fragility, limited stamina, sexist Gerudo Village, and the BS Eventide Island and Master Sword Trials; the sequel's likely to keep most of those flaws.

You know a game's bad when you have to keep checking an online map to see where to go - when the game's supposed to do that for you.

I can agree with you on the BOTW being empty, slightly over-hyped, weapon fragility, and the stamina system. It's an okay game. Lack of direction, eh..I think there's some but otherwise the goal they were going with is to make it feel like you're on an adventure and you have to use all of your tools without relying on the master sword quite yet. The weapon system is probably the most annoying thing but once you think that every other game in existence has stable weapon with little to no durability degradation, I can kind of see how they wanted it to play out. I think you're reaching with the "Sexist Gerudo Village" as a criticism, though seems kind of out of place.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How many Switches has Nintendo sold? And they're just gonna let the release schedule fizzle out now? I wanted to like XC2 but I just couldn't. For a number of reasons, XC1 was far better. Seems like we have BoTW 2 and Prime 4 to look forward to, and then that's the end of the console's notable library.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I love Xenoblade, but it sucks that the Switch´s game output is already drying out after only 5 years

Also, spoilers?

I hope they only show the combat and the environments

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Who really cares about the sequel to the most boring and disappointing 3D Legend of Zelda game? The original was already crippled by an almost-complete lack of direction given to the player, extreme equipment fragility, limited stamina, sexist Gerudo Village, and the BS Eventide Island and Master Sword Trials; the sequel's likely to keep most of those flaws.

You know a game's bad when you have to keep checking an online map to see where to go - when the game's supposed to do that for you.
A lot of people do. I'm not a Zelda fan personally, and clearly you don't like it, but, there's a lot of people who do. It's well liked by almost everyone. Why wouldn't people be excited for a sequel.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
About time something decent came out. The switch lately is a glorified indie machine pushing out crap shovelware titles 🤣
Exactly...Nintendo needs to stop trying to milk technology from 2011 and get with the times or else 3rd party developers will move on. We saw how quickly they turned on the Wii U.

There needs to be a successor announcement at least before the end of this year. I'm sure i'm not the only one getting fed up with this "cloud" bullshit.

We don't need 4K but something that has the power to play 2020 titles without chugging below 20 FPS. It's a tired old saying but "vote with your wallet." If you stop buying and sales stagnate, Nintendo will realize they need to innovate again.

Reactions: CloudStrife190100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone