Gaming A new Pokemon game this September?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
machomuu said:
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
heartgold said:
I don't think Gamefreak will be wasting their time on grey, they have a brand new console to work with, although they could and twist B/W up a bit and call it pokemon Grey, but their actual focus right now is on the 3DS and how to develop a new series on that hardware.
But if Grey is specially remade for 3DS = profits! (possibly?)

Hmm... Later what. Pokemon to come in a hybrid gamecard, works on both DS/3DS..
Just kidding.

Nope, GameFreak creates new series for new handhands
But as I said, you can't really expect them to contine the chain after they put a mainstream game o the same handheld as the previous, I mean thinking about it, it actually would make more sense for them to put Gray on the 3DS.

You expect them to use the same graphics on the 3DS?
I don't see why that wouldn't make sense, they've done it before, 4 times in fact (5 if you count Blue version). Not saying I expect that, y'know, cuz of my whole "chain breaker" thing. But I think if they were going to completely revamp anything it would happen in the sixth generation rather than the 3rd version of the 5th, though that would really help to promote the 3rd game and the 3DS alike. Besides, they can't change too much or else it won't be backwards compatible with BW, especially if they change the gameplay and mechanics, too much would have to be done to make the games work with each other.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
heartgold said:
machomuu said:
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
heartgold said:
I don't think Gamefreak will be wasting their time on grey, they have a brand new console to work with, although they could and twist B/W up a bit and call it pokemon Grey, but their actual focus right now is on the 3DS and how to develop a new series on that hardware.

Just kidding.

But as I said, you can't really expect them to contine the chain after they put a mainstream game o the same handheld as the previous, I mean thinking about it, it actually would make more sense for them to put Gray on the 3DS.

Anyway here's what I posted earlier to why there won't be Grey for 3DS

QUOTE(heartgold @ Jul 18 2011, 02:03 PM)
Yeah, anyway the reason I say there won't be Grey on the 3DS is that GameFreak may take the opportunity to revamp the current gameplay, add changes, alter the mechanics, is the game going to be fully 3D, as in 3D graphics not glassless 3D XD Use all or most of the 3DS's capabilities. I feel pokemon grey won't allow them to do that, they’ll taking be taking aspects from b/w and constructing from that. In a new series they can start from scratch and take full use of the hardware capabilities, add in new features and even a whole new look to pokemon. It gives them that fresh start similar to d/p.
they could make graphics like ff4 cc or ff1 and 2 anniversary edition

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope Grey or whatever Game Freak decides to call the third Gen V game is released. For me, B/W lacked so much content compared to games like Soul Silver and Heart Gold. There is not Battle Frontier and re-battling Gym leaders is a no go in B/W. I want lots of people to battle. Just like in Soul Silver.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aminemaster said:
heartgold said:
machomuu said:
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
heartgold said:

Just kidding.

Anyway here's what I posted earlier to why there won't be Grey for 3DS

QUOTE(heartgold @ Jul 18 2011, 02:03 PM)
Yeah, anyway the reason I say there won't be Grey on the 3DS is that GameFreak may take the opportunity to revamp the current gameplay, add changes, alter the mechanics, is the game going to be fully 3D, as in 3D graphics not glassless 3D XD Use all or most of the 3DS's capabilities. I feel pokemon grey won't allow them to do that, they’ll taking be taking aspects from b/w and constructing from that. In a new series they can start from scratch and take full use of the hardware capabilities, add in new features and even a whole new look to pokemon. It gives them that fresh start similar to d/p.
they could make graphics like ff4 cc or ff1 and 2 anniversary edition
Why would they do that? Pokemon BW were just released 1 and 2 years ago, no need to go that far.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyro-Sama said:
I hope Grey or whatever Game Freak decides to call the third Gen V game is released. For me, B/W lacked so much content compared to games like Soul Silver and Heart Gold. There is not Battle Frontier and re-battling Gym leaders is a no go in B/W. I want lots of people to battle. Just like in Soul Silver.

No Pokemon game has come close to matching the content in Gold/Silver outside of its remake. It's the main reason why I find people to go crazy over Gen 3 to be silly. It offered half the number of gyms and overall less content.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Hyro-Sama said:

No Pokemon game has come close to matching the content in Gold/Silver outside of its remake. It's the main reason why I find people to go crazy over Gen 3 to be silly. It offered half the number of gyms and overall less content.
People go crazy over the third generation? Since when?

D

Deleted-236924

Slyakin said:
I don't know if GameFreak would WANT to make a Pokemon game for the 3DS. The success of the 3DS has really been dropping, and if they released the new third installment on the 3DS, they'd lose a LOT of sales, especially compared to the mind-blowing release of Black and White.
Except everyone would rush to buy a 3DS if they announced another main Pokémon game for the 3DS.

QUOTE(machomuu @ Jul 22 2011, 11:49 AM) Pokemon BW were just released 1 and 2 years ago
It's been 10 months.

Jerome10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's too soon anyway for a main game to come. Even if BW did a great sales number since their release, it would be a marketing mistake for GF and Ninty to announce a new game this year, as it wouldn't let time for people to get bored with BW and/or do anything possible with these games. They better let sales go for it a bit more, and when time has come (let's say in one or two years) they'll certainly announce a new main game (either the 3rd version or remakes), but they need to let time pass and to find new concepts to introduce in these games in order to keep customers and even grab new ones!

Then, be it for DS or 3DS, it's up to them (but I think that keeping DS support would be better for sales, even if introducing some sort of 3DS support/features), but it's more than a possibility that they'll not release a new main game for handled before one or two year(s), mostly for these marketing reasons. But they might announce and release spin-off to keep people waiting until then (like some Ranger or Mystery Dungeon crap)

D

Deleted-236924

And by the way, Tsunekaz has mentionned that new Pokémon games aside from Rumble Blast are in the works and that they plan on continuing to support the Nintendo DS.

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
SoulSnatcher said:
SoulSnatcher said:
game%20chart.PNG

I made a chart with the release dates of the main Pokemon games.

Judging by this, Pokemon Grey (or whatever else the third version may be called) should be coming out in Japan in about a year.

The duration of time between the release of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Platinum is 1 year, 11 months, 16 days.
The duration of time between the release of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald is 1 year, 9 months, 26 days.

If the third Pokemon game follows this order, it should come out sometime in 2012 and be revealed later this year.

Do note that I am using Japanese release dates.
The third Pokemon game is probably going to be for the 3DS.
Yeah, I agree with you on that one, I've been thinking that since I heard they were releasing BW on the DS.

Chart seems especially legit. Going to have to support that.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Has one been announced? Either way, there's no reason to rely on chains anymore after the release of Black and White and their mind blowing combo breaker.
QUOTEIn the newest Famitsu magazine, an interview with the head of The Pokémon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara, has revealed that there are more games in the works beyond Pokémon Rumble Blast this year. In the interview, he stated that there are plans for games which surprise the players in the near future. He stated that they also intend to continue support for the Nintendo DS while pushing forward with support with the Nintendo 3DS. Full details about the games were not confirmed, but when we get information, it will be posted on the site.
Source
Well it would seem they sort of did...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDreamLord said:
machomuu said:
Has one been announced? Either way, there's no reason to rely on chains anymore after the release of Black and White and their mind blowing combo breaker.
QUOTEIn the newest Famitsu magazine, an interview with the head of The Pokémon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara, has revealed that there are more games in the works beyond Pokémon Rumble Blast this year. In the interview, he stated that there are plans for games which surprise the players in the near future. He stated that they also intend to continue support for the Nintendo DS while pushing forward with support with the Nintendo 3DS. Full details about the games were not confirmed, but when we get information, it will be posted on the site.
Source
That's not what I meant, you know that.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
TheDreamLord said:
machomuu said:
Source
actually i dont O.o

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
TheDreamLord said:
machomuu said:
Source
actually i dont O.o

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDreamLord said:
machomuu said:
TheDreamLord said:
machomuu said:
Source
actually i dont O.o
That's not coming out in September.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I know. Nice to see new members here, aside from the ongoing spam problem.