Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thumb_blurb_megamen_20081203.png

Allan "Nicol" Montenegro of Taizen Saint Seiya, has attempted to translate the blurred text from the mysterious Nintendo Dream announcement:

Top text: "Burning/hot/ardent battle"

Lower Text: "The newest series! At long last the work..."

Could this be implying a brand new Rockman series to take its debut? But what does it mean by "at long last the work"? Maybe it was in development for a while. Or maybe they are remaking a previous series? Only time will tell. What are your thoughts?

NEWS SOURCE: The Mega Man Network

Updates 2: Some more information has been translated for the new game or should I say, possible re-release of games. According from the translation, it may be a re-release of some of the older games! (Dare I say Dash on the DS?).
QUOTE said:
???????????????
Succeeded hot battle !!

??????????
One after another release!!

????????????????
The series latest work! highest masterpiece at last
What could all this mean?!

NEWS SOURCE: Protodude's Rockman Corner

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Maybe it's something about Megaman Scramble Battle or whatever it's called that Capcom wanted to do? a Megaman fighter IIRC
and if it's a new series, I won't care, I would love another MM series, as long as it's a platformer and I hope it will be Classicish\Xish

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I personally dont mind if they make another ZX game but they should get rid of the battle network/starforce franchise. That said, I will still probably play the 3rd starforce game.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
There are so many already that I don't see a problem in a new Mega Man series..

The first games on new MM series are usually good.. they normally start to go downhill after 3 or 4 sequels
tongue.gif

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IMO, the Battle Network series is not THAT bad. I mean, it could have been done without MegaMan, using generic characters, and it would have been the exact same... but meh, it's not that bad. It's not MegaMan X, of course. Gotta love how X looks in that picture ^^

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked the Battle Network series. I liked the battle system. But I though the story was VERY cheesy. Of course, the same could be said of any Megaman game. And I'm on the fence about Starforce. It's kind of hit or miss for me about the gameplay.

Since this is a Nintendo magazine, I guess this new series would be either Wii or DS. If I had to guess, I'm guessing the Wii since I don't believe it has a Megaman game (not including MM9 or WiiWare/VC).

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why did Mega Man get a visor just recently? Hasn't there always been a need for a visor? Silly Mega Man

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved battle network but the story started to tire out. Starforce fails hard though, I'd have been happy if they made a seventh and final installment of BN with a better story, gameplay of BN2 and 3, and lots of chips
rolleyes.gif
But I hope this new series is just a classic side scroller.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ yeah im in the same boat as you i loved the BN series every single one of them even though they got a bit repetitive. Star Force is good but it doesnt have the same fell like feel that its way to easy i dont feel the need or reason to play it doesnt draw me in like BN did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte