A new Mario movie is in the works

images

It looks like Nintendo has finally decided to greenlight a new Mario movie based on reports from the Wall Street Journal. The deal is said to have been made between Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment, who is known for the Despicable Me franchise and the Secret Life of Pets. The movie will be animated, and so far only one movie is planned (so don't get your hopes up for that Zelda movie just yet). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially after how bad 1993's Super Mario Bros. movie went over.

:arrow:source

Last edited by rileysrjay,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Illumination Entertainment, who is known for the Despicable Me franchise and the Secret Life of Pets.
Oh good, for a moment there I thought it was going to be live action.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely every movie by Illumination is terrible. I have watched 3 of their movies and they are some of the worst movies I have ever watched.
Despicable me 1 and 2 weren't bad imo, it was when they decided to make a movie entirely about minions was when that studio went downhill imo. I still have some faith in them, but after secret life of pets and minions I'm a bit worried for this movie.

Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
Despicable me 1 and 2 weren't bad imo, it was when they decided to make a movie entirely about minions was when that studio went downhill imo. I still have some faith in them, but after secret life of pets and minions I'm a bit worried for this movie.
I though it became an independent studio after 1 & 2. Those were fine. After the Minions Movie and #3, they became a disgrace.

Reactions: rileysrjay

Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know there was a Mario movie before this. The only Mario TV show or movie I ever knew about was the original Mario show from the 80s. (Which I binge watched with my 4 year old brother xD)

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
images

It looks like Nintendo has finally decided to greenlight a new Mario movie based on reports from the Wall Street Journal. The deal is said to have been made between Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment, who is known for the Despicable Me franchise and the Secret Life of Pets. The movie will be animated, and so far only one movie is planned (so don't get your hopes up for that Zelda movie just yet). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially after how bad 1993's Super Mario Bros. movie went over.

:arrow:source
God help us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol