A new Mario movie is in the works

images

It looks like Nintendo has finally decided to greenlight a new Mario movie based on reports from the Wall Street Journal. The deal is said to have been made between Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment, who is known for the Despicable Me franchise and the Secret Life of Pets. The movie will be animated, and so far only one movie is planned (so don't get your hopes up for that Zelda movie just yet). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially after how bad 1993's Super Mario Bros. movie went over.

:arrow:source

Last edited by rileysrjay,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Mario is already milkable, there's no need to add Minions.
But what are you willing to bet the Goombas will act like Minions? It's a formula that (evidently) works.
But Toads are the Mushroom Kingdom's minions.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
But Toads are the Mushroom Kingdom's minions.
Ehh, I doubt they make the guys who are there just to be stomped on by Mario talk. "OH GOD, YOU'RE CRUSHING ALL MY MUSHROOM BONES!" Toads are basically slightly taller talking goombas anyway.

Toads would speak English and be (almost) serious characters, Goombas would gabble gibberish (like minions) and bumble around. They are a better fit for Minion treatment.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I doubt Illumination can make this a good movie.

Despicable me 1 and 2 were only decent because of those minions. And Despicable me 3... well, let's not talk about it. On the other hand the minions alone didn't work at all. The Secret Life of Pets was mediocre at best and Sing was just a huge marketing gag for the dominating pop industry. *shrug*
That pop song selection is what annoys me the most. Wouldn't want that crap in a Mario movie. The two vocalized songs in Odyssey were more my cup of tea being Jazz and Rock themed.

I might sound like I'd hate to have seen all those movies, but actually it's just The Secret Life of Pets and Sing that disgust me. The others were entertaining, but I wouldn't watch any of them a second time.

Tl;dr: WHY NOT PIXAR???:cry:

Last edited by Axido,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't seen Despicable Me 3 yet, so Minions is my lowest one on the list. Not because it was the worse movie imaginable, it just didn't seem necessary, at all. Not to mention the heavy advertising.

Anyway, I hope it does good. So we can get more Nintendo movies and shows.

Of course you can always put minions!
First the movie and then...
DJOGbJQV4AAp9OQ.jpg
Oh gees. Why stop there? Just keep the Radbids in the game. Three way crossover.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
images

It looks like Nintendo has finally decided to greenlight a new Mario movie based on reports from the Wall Street Journal. The deal is said to have been made between Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment, who is known for the Despicable Me franchise and the Secret Life of Pets. The movie will be animated, and so far only one movie is planned (so don't get your hopes up for that Zelda movie just yet). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially after how bad 1993's Super Mario Bros. movie went over.

:arrow:source
Remember the leak from a long time ago? Sony had a massive leak and a some of the emails were between Sony Entertainment and Nintendo about a MARIO movie, so yeah. Lemme pull up the vid.

Last edited by aykay55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1