Gaming A new Mario game is already in development

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* I like a Mario game as much as the next guy but, frankly, I'm sick of seeing that hairy little plumber. There's a difference between creating fresh ways to play the same old games and innovating with brand new ideas. There's a lot of Nintendo franchises that just don't seem to be getting the attention they deserve.

Nintendo need to focus on bringing a wider variety of video games and characters to attract a more varied audience to the Wii U and 3DS.

Agreed. They need to be working on Metroid, F-Zero, Eternal Darkness, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Punch Out, Mario Golf, EarthBound, etc. They have enough help with Retro Studios and the other 2nd party studios to make it happen. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved Mario games, but I'd like to see something different. As far as the new Mario goes, I really hope it's in the Mario64/Galaxy style, rather than 3D World. 3D World is great fun when playing with my wife, but I don't enjoy it as much playing single player. Still, another Mario isn't the worse thing to happen. After all, there's only 20 different iterations of Call of Duty between consoles and handhelds, but that's nothing compared to the 113 different worldwide versions of Final Fantasy.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Galaxy would be awesome indeed. But then again, I hope is something more fresh.

no ,galaxy kinda sux
i want to see a new huge open world game ,something that that is also more nostalgic, i would love to see some game that has all of the old characters and level art from the old 2,3,4 mario games in 3d

galaxy games i didnt really like because of new characters and the broken up level designs, nintendo seems to like to do this alot, like with wind waker, it was a great game ,but not what i was expecting, i loved it but i still like to see games where the levels are not tiny bits like islands or planetoids all spread out ,a more continuous world is what i would like to see

Reactions: The_Hulkster

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no ,galaxy kinda sux
i want to see a new huge open world game ,something that that is also more nostalgic, i would love to see some game that has all of the old characters and level art from the old 2,3,4 mario games in 3d

galaxy games i didnt really like because of new characters and the broken up level designs, nintendo seems to like to do this alot, like with wind waker, it was a great game ,but not what i was expecting, i loved it but i still like to see games where the levels are not tiny bits like islands or planetoids all spread out ,a more continuous world is what i would like to see

The New Super Mario Bros. are pretty much a continuation of those Mario 2,3,4 games.

The entire Mario 64 game took place inside a single castle. Mario Sunshine took place on an Island. Mario Galaxy took place across a Galaxy.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
It would be interesting to see Galaxy 3. I was shocked how Ninty improved from the first game to Galaxy 2 coming up with more and more ideas for progressing through the game.
I wonder if their bag of ideas is still full.

T

the_raging_snorlax

I wasn't a big fan of Mario Galaxy. I'd like the game to be like Super Mario 64 where its less linear than Mario Galaxy or Mario 3D World. A new Paper Mario would be awesome if its anything like the first two, but when I read "new Mario game" I think its referring to a Mario platformer.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
great news.

Just need a Paper Mario game on Wii U now

Paper Mario games are by Intelligent Systems.
The one quoted here is heavily involved mainly with 3D Mario games.

Don't be silly people, this is by a studio which exclusively makes Mario games, that's not about to change...

Well, they also do the Zelda games. They were however involved with NES Remix, which may hint at them (finally) doing other stuff like they used to in the nineties.

An amusing off-topic bit of trivia: During an interview with Koizumi and Miyamoto on gamekult.fr, he mentioned that the reason for the cat costumes was that "they looked sexy" and he wanted to see how it would suit Peach :P

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An amusing off-topic bit of trivia: During an interview with Koizumi and Miyamoto on gamekult.fr, he mentioned that the reason for the cat costumes was that "they looked sexy" and he wanted to see how it would suit Peach :P

Well, it is a Hello Kitty culture. And that's not even a stereo type.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will always be another Mario game in development. Im tired of Mario and his sorry-ass yelling/voice. Nintendo needs to create new characters. Let me guess....Mario will have to collect coins and jump on top of enemies in this "new" game?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There will always be another Mario game in development. Im tired of Mario and his sorry-ass yelling/voice. Nintendo needs to create new characters. Let me guess....Mario will have to collect coins and jump on top of enemies in this "new" game?
That's like saying "oh, this new shooter requires you to get ammo and shoot things". lol

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New Super Mario Bros. are pretty much a continuation of those Mario 2,3,4 games.

The entire Mario 64 game took place inside a single castle. Mario Sunshine took place on an Island. Mario Galaxy took place across a Galaxy.

Mario 64 used a Castle that was an open 3d world but also led to other 3d world exploring them such as Bob-Omb battle field or other stages. And upon entering these open world stages you where set to one goal but where able to complete a different goal witch felt great. Mario sunshine was kind of the same way except you where really set on a goal but this time it was more of a expansive open stage world for most levels.
I didn't really like mario galaxy because of the whole level design and making you fly from one planet to another feel it just was unnatural to me.

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just go back to the mushroom kingdom?
Wouldn't it be great to see it in its entirety in 3D and HD?

They started the Super Mario franchise by creating this whole history and world, yet we have seen so little of it.

Reactions: T Link7

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's like saying "oh, this new shooter requires you to get ammo and shoot things". lol
I see your point. I'm just saying Nintendo needs to quit thinking that they need to make a Mario game. Don't they have any other ideas for creating new characters with a new franchise? Why do they always have to stick with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Pokemon, DK? Kid Icarus Uprising is the only game from Nintendo in the past several years that seemed like a new experience. These last couple Mario games are like "been there, done that".

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see your point. I'm just saying Nintendo needs to quit thinking that they need to make a Mario game. Don't they have any other ideas for creating new characters with a new franchise? Why do they always have to stick with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Pokemon, DK? Kid Icarus Uprising is the only game from Nintendo in the past several years that seemed like a new experience. These last couple Mario games are like "been there, done that".
There's one very easy reason: because it sells.

Reactions: T Link7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1