A new "Hacker" in the Scene

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jedah Voul Thur, May 7, 2013.

1. Jedah Voul Thur
    OP

Jedah Voul Thur Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    Uruguay
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Hi!
    I wanted to introduce myself. I love video games in general since I was a child, and JRPG in particular. Since I got my first computer (about 12 years ago) I started to use emulator to play those great SNES games I remember from my childhood but more important to that, I started to play games on that console that never reached this shores... and I think that most of the best games from that era, were never released in English but translated by fans (Bahamut Lagoon, Live a Live, Clock Tower, Der Langrisser, Front Mission & Gun Hazard are the first that come to my mind, for example).
    Nowadays, with the NDS I found that it's happening the same... A LOT of games are not released outside of Japan, so since I love computers (and have some knowledge in programming and design areas) have decided to try Translation Hacking.
    I have already checked this thread, and downloaded that AWESOME pdf. I'll try to play with those tools to find what can I do... If everything goes well, I'll need the help of somebody with Japanese language knowledge (since I don't know the meaning of even a single word on it ^^).
    I won't say yet which games I'm trying because I don't want to generate false hopes until I have something done.
    Lastly, I hope my English was legible, since I'm from Latin America and it isn't my first languaje :-/ and in case you are thinking it... no, I am not planning to make translation to Spanish, just Japanese -> English. The reason is that I don't enjoy playing games nor watching anime/movies/comics in Spanish... I don't know why but I find it weird when those characters speak Spanish :-/
    Well, that's all (for now), see ya!

2. mechadylan

mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    United States
    Bienvenidos, amigo.

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    not to ruin your enthusiasm, but the scene really doesnt have a lack of 'hackers'.
    theres a lack of real translators. theres maybe a handful of translators who know their languages, and on average, half of them give up halfway through due to some silly ingroup fight and leaked translations. so theres always a lack of japanese to english translators.

you're not just going to find someone who does more than google translate by asking here.

4. player594

player594 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2006
    United States
    Good luck man. The more the merrier. On a personal note, I love the wizardry series.

5. ipwndeveloper

ipwndeveloper GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    Hello and welcome