A new Dragon Ball game has been announced, features asymmetrical survival multiplayer

Dragon Ball games tend to follow the same trend: you play as Goku, usually following the events of his victory against Piccolo, and then the Dragon Ball Z story is retold for the millionth time, sometimes ending at the Cell Saga, other times making it all the way to the end of DBZ. That's exactly what the previous game, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot did. This time around, however, Bandai Namco is going in a completely new direction. Dragon Ball: The Breakers is a new game that bucks the trend of all other DBZ games, as it's going to be a co-op survival game with asymmetrical multiplayer.

In The Breakers. you'll be able to either control a team of seven human characters trying to survive, or you can play as iconic DBZ villains like Cell or Freiza, who are trying to wipe out the opposing team. The human team will have to cooperate in order to find powerups, weapons, and supplies in order to escape without being killed. Dragon Ball: The Breakers is set for release on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Nintendo Switch for sometime next year.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon only milks the same story sometimes. It seems that for every dozen new DB games only one seems to be new (I can only recall part of Xenoverse). Even FIFA puts a new story mode every year now instead of showing the same story over and over.
I was referring to game genres/mechanics more than the story, but it's very much the same formula in every mainline Pokemon game anyway. They just swap out interchangeable professors/gym leaders/Team Rockets each time. I imagine the same could be said of FIFA, where they just switch out the players/coaches/managers and stick to a formulaic "underdog" story.

The story of DBZ has similarly been re-hashed a number of times, but at the very least they try to put different spins on it or tell it from different perspectives. Fighting games and survival games hardly need to concern themselves with story at all, though.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What the fuck is this trash? No seriously, what the fuck is this trash?! Were they at the verge of drunken death when they come up with this crap or what??

Why won't those stupid fucks make a HD remake of Budokai Tenkaichi 3?? It would be an instant-buy if they include all the original voices and outfits like the PS2 version has. But all they care is making stupid trash or cash grab.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the fuck is this trash? No seriously, what the fuck is this trash?! Were they at the verge of drunken death when they come up with this crap or what??

Why won't those stupid fucks make a HD remake of Budokai Tenkaichi 3?? It would be an instant-buy if they include all the original voices and outfits like the PS2 version has. But all they care is making stupid trash or cash grab.

If it were a double or a triple game pack, but only Tenkaichi 3? Eh.

Tenkaichi 3 + Super Dragon Ball Z + Battle Stadium D.O.N. (never released in the West before) a bundle like this remastered in HD, with online play and polished (unlike Rockstat's GTA Trilogy mess) this'd be worth it.

Budokai HD Collection wasn't released in Japan which was weird, but folks at least had the option to import the PS3 version (Region Free), specifically the EUR one as that was more Japanese-focused (B1 was in Japanese while B1's U.S. edition was in English).

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go for something like "Revenge of King Piccolo" (Wii) or an RPG like "Attack of the Saiyans" (DS), but nope.. Pass!

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game will be a huge shit trash.

The concept of the assymetric games will be fit for example of animes like naruto or Hunter X Hunter.
Probably. I mean Dimps themselves have been involved with some passable titles before, but generally just complete shit using good IPs. I love Dragon Ball, but don't really play this type of game even if it turns out good. Hopefully some of the fans can enjoy this.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go for something like "Revenge of King Piccolo" (Wii) or an RPG like "Attack of the Saiyans" (DS), but nope.. Pass!
AotS was awesome, shame it never got a sequel.

"Attack on Namek" afterwards "Attack of the Androids" and then "Attack of Majin Boo"

Well, AotS was a Kai game so maybe they'd do a Boo chapter or not. Kai TFC (2014) was a sequel to Kai (2009), plus, intended mainly for Western audiences than Japanese (explains why it was so half-assed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it