A modding tool that allows for custom servers in Titanfall 2 has been released

capsule_616x353.jpg

Titanfall and Titanfall 2 have been plagued by DDoS attacks for years, with the attacks getting worse in recent months. It reached a point at the beginning of the month where publisher EA delisted the original Titanfall from digital storefronts, though the sequel, which had been just as victimized by DDoS attacks, stayed up. Now, a modder known as BobTheBob9 has released Northstar, a modding tool for Titantfall 2 that allows players to create custom content and host custom servers. With a big enough community and self-moderation, these community servers could become the ideal way to play Titantfall 2 free from the hackers and DDoS attacks that have defined the experience for many users recently.

:arrow: Source

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are people DDoSing Titanfall 2 in the first place? I don't see the point
As far as I can tell, it has some vulnerability that makes it particularly vulnerable, and that Respawn won't or can't fix, so people just go all out on it. They target it because it's the easiest one to hit, basically, so why not pick on it.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Why are people DDoSing Titanfall 2 in the first place? I don't see the point
As far as I can tell, it has some vulnerability that makes it particularly vulnerable, and that Respawn won't or can't fix, so people just go all out on it. They target it because it's the easiest one to hit, basically, so why not pick on it.

This dude's vid covers the subject

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hadn't heard that said about a game in a long time
I mean it's been such a long time since we've known about Titanfall issues and people been saying how sad it is to have such a great game facing stuff like that, a bit hard to miss if you follow gaming news just a bit
But yeah, TF2 is absolutely great, far better than any Call of Duty game released tbh, and the solo campaign was also surprisingly good

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I mean it's been such a long time since we've known about Titanfall issues and people been saying how sad it is to have such a great game facing stuff like that, a bit hard to miss if you follow gaming news just a bit
But yeah, TF2 is absolutely great, far better than any Call of Duty game released tbh, and the solo campaign was also surprisingly good
Yes, I agree that Team Fortress 2 is absolutely great. xD

Reactions: HRudyPlayZ

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this installed and played around in some people's servers today. My computer still sucks - it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for TF|2 but runs it anyway - so I'm not sure if I can host servers of my own yet. But it was still a fun time, breaking out the parkour and giant robots, it's been far too long.

I did have to tweak my settings again, rebinding keys, setting FOV and getting my loadouts set up. Northstar's multiplayer does not keep track of any of the progress you had in the official multiplayer, but in return, everything is unlocked. You don't have to grind to unlock guns and mods for them, you can break out Legion and Monarch right from the start. It's a great time to jump in and play around with toys you didn't use before. Exactly what the game needed to breathe new life into the multiplayer.

Titanfall is back!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol