A lot of lag when playing PSP games on Adrenaline

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, but most likely, yes. there's probably a theoretical limit, but I can't reach that myself. my wifi is only so fast (haven't tried ethernet). however, 12-18MBs via wifi/ftp to be exact, is pretty damn good. that's about my limit rather than the system's.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know, but most likely, yes. there's probably a theoretical limit, but I can't reach that myself. my wifi is only so fast (haven't tried ethernet). however, 12-18MBs via wifi/ftp to be exact, is pretty damn good. that's about my limit rather than the system's.

Do their CPU, memory and graphics also influence the download speed, like the PS3's HDD/eMMC/SSD/SSHD and PSN servers?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I'm not sure. I don't know how it all works, but one of the areas the ps3 is bottlenecked on is the ram. the 360 and ps3 use the same amount of ram, with one given to games; the other to the os. however, the 360 uses shared ram, so a game can use ram designated for the os, as long as there's enough of it. the ps3 can't. that's why you don't have cross play, in game music from mp3s, and why multiplat games usually play better on the 360. it's sony's fault for doing that. anyway, I know that webman mod gives ftp low priority, because its main purpose to maintain system stability. I'd imagine other backup loaders do the same. so, technically it's not the system that causes those timeout errors, but at the same time, it is the system. the system might crash after so much time if the backup loader just ditched stability.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant cross chat, I think. anyway, the ram issue is why gears of war 3 is only possible on the 360. there's a decr system iirc that has twice the ram for the ps3, and it's able to play gears of war 3, the leak that happened years ago. a normal ps3 can't. not sure what would happen if you tried playing it, maybe it crashing.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that I'm not sure. I don't know how it all works, but one of the areas the ps3 is bottlenecked on is the ram. the 360 and ps3 use the same amount of ram, with one given to games; the other to the os. however, the 360 uses shared ram, so a game can use ram designated for the os, as long as there's enough of it. the ps3 can't. that's why you don't have cross play, in game music from mp3s, and why multiplat games usually play better on the 360. it's sony's fault for doing that. anyway, I know that webman mod gives ftp low priority, because its main purpose to maintain system stability. I'd imagine other backup loaders do the same. so, technically it's not the system that causes those timeout errors, but at the same time, it is the system. the system might crash after so much time if the backup loader just ditched stability.

But does the SATA controller and/or the SATA HDD/SSD/SSHD also have a bottleneck?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yes, it's unlikely to happen. you have to open and close a thread on the ps3 when using ftp, so opening and closing in rapid succession makes the ftp unstable. it's a ps3 problem mostly as I've transferred lots of tiny files to the series x with no problems.

OK, but between folder, ISO and PKG formats, which one is less likely to make FileZilla Client timeout and which one is uploaded faster to the PS3?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know. I could be wrong about which models have twice the ram. I just looked it up, and some of the CEB ones do.

The PS3 restarts when I use the CFW setting to check its HDD when it reaches 40 something %. May this damage it (since it's said on the screen to not turn off the PS3) or is it already damaged? I'm using a new HDD since last summer.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use the CFW setting to check the PS3's HDD, it turns off when it reaches 40 something %. May this damage the HDD (since it's told on the screen to not turn off the PS3) or is it already damaged? I changed it last summer.
Is that an evilnat feature? It's possible the hdd is already damaged or corrupted. You should be able to check it on the pc. Don't initialize it, though I've heard windows now auto initializes, just don't know if that's true.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is that an evilnat feature? It's possible the hdd is already damaged or corrupted. You should be able to check it on the pc. Don't initialize it, though I've heard windows now auto initializes, just don't know if that's true.

Yes, and IIRC, other CFWs I used already had this feature and I already had this problem on them. Anyway, it just leads to a menu everyone can get to, even without CFW, so it's actually a PS3 setting, although it's easier to access it from XMB. How can the HDD be damaged or corrupted when I bought it last August? Do you think doing more disc checks may damage it even more? What do you mean by not initializing it?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I just found out there's a CFW for PSP that also works for the PS Vita/PS TV called ARK-4. Is it better than PRO-C/LME? Do you think I'll have this slowness issue if using it on the PS Vita/PS TV?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I don't know. I think there's another underlying problem on your end. it's probably related to the vsh or vsh plugin. that would cause slowdown or slowness.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that I don't know. I think there's another underlying problem on your end. it's probably related to the vsh or vsh plugin. that would cause slowdown or slowness.

I just found out ADRENALINE VSH MENU's "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" settings don't match the Recovery Menu's. Is it a bug? Which are the real "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" settings, then?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried ARK on your Vita? That plays PSP games that Adrenaline wouldn't, in my experience.

I can't believe you had so many problems with your Vita that you ended up formatting it multiple times and yet that did nothing. I know I would've hated to have done that because hacking, adding all the data, and plugins back takes a considerable amount of time.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Have you tried ARK on your Vita? That plays PSP games that Adrenaline wouldn't, in my experience.

I can't believe you had so many problems with your Vita that you ended up formatting it multiple times and yet that did nothing. I know I would've hated to have done that because hacking, adding all the data, and plugins back takes a considerable amount of time.

No, but I guess I will. Did you notice this Adrenaline bug?

Yes, it's very annoying. I tried different taiHEN configuration settings, plugin combinations and storage devices.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not the slow down bug, no. Just the one that refuses to play certain PSP games for whatever reason.

I never had the latter problem. What happens and with which games? Could you see if the "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" settings inside the Recovery Menu match the ADRENALINE VSH MENU's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?