A lot of lag when playing PSP games on Adrenaline

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it is. I thought you meant transferring the games from the ps3 back to the pc for some reason.

And I did.

So, just to be sure, uploading ISO and PKG games from the PC to the PS3 is faster than uploading folders' and also less likely to make FileZilla Client timeout? If so, there are (at least) two advantages of uploading ISO and PKG games over folders', then.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it's unlikely to happen. you have to open and close a thread on the ps3 when using ftp, so opening and closing in rapid succession makes the ftp unstable. it's a ps3 problem mostly as I've transferred lots of tiny files to the series x with no problems.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yes, it's unlikely to happen. you have to open and close a thread on the ps3 when using ftp, so opening and closing in rapid succession makes the ftp unstable. it's a ps3 problem mostly as I've transferred lots of tiny files to the series x with no problems.

What do you mean by thread? Also, did FileZilla Client time out when it stops uploading files and shows an error message?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what they're called, threads, not sure why. even if you have timeout set to infinite, ftp will stop transferring files.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that's what they're called, threads, not sure why. even if you have timeout set to infinite, ftp will stop transferring files.

Just to be sure, I followed this but didn't change the "Limit local ports" setting and the settings with the red circles and I didn't set a site on the "Site Manager". I don't know if it makes uploads faster and FileZilla Client less likely to timeout.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But it's slower than these latest ones, even though I have a more up-to-date FW and it might be slower because the FW is different than the mentioned ones.

Also, downloading from PS3 to PC is a lot slower than those latest FW speed tests results show. I'm using IRISMAN, if that matters.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those won't matter. the ps3 ftp speed maxes at around 20MBs iirc if using a gigabit connection. the ps3 itself is bottlenecked. not sure if you've done this, but downloading a game from the store is unbearably slow, like 3 hours for a 5GB game.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
those won't matter. the ps3 ftp speed maxes at around 20MBs iirc if using a gigabit connection. the ps3 itself is bottlenecked. not sure if you've done this, but downloading a game from the store is unbearably slow, like 3 hours for a 5GB game.

I guess it's because the PSN servers have a low download speed limit and that goes for the PSP, PS Vita/PS TV, PS4 and PS5 too?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the series x, I get like between 12-18MBs/second via wifi. I can just imagine the speeds if using ethernet. btw, that was using wifi, the ps3 speeds, it's slow as hell just like the wiiu and probably the 360.

ps5 is pretty fast, like comparable to the series x. there's probably a limit, but it would difficult to reach it I'm sure.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the pstv is like 1MB/s via wifi, and the vita is like a third of that iirc. point being is that older systems are bottlenecked or limited in some way, I bet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared