A look into the 3DS's physical design.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I really the only one that really likes the design of th 3DS?
It kinda looks less like a toy, more serious.

he only thing wrong is the different coloured thumb pad thing

petspaps

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look the design may not be the best looking console, but it was designed for efficiency. And so long as there isn't any real problems like exploding batteries or screens cracking with a light touch there may not be a real revision in a while.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's why it's so fuck ugly!
Ah, comfort over looks anyway, I could live with that.

petspaps said:
Look the design may not be the best looking console, but it was designed for efficiency. And so long as there isn't any real problems like exploding batteries or screens cracking with a light touch there may not be a real revision in a while.
The reason they make these new consoles is so people will spend more money on them and buy the console twice or thrice, not because it's in the public's best interests.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Lube_Skyballer said:
CA519705950 said:
I don't want to sound miserable here or put a downer on the 3DS or anything... I'm certainly not a hater either, the 3DS seems great... but it's one of the ugliest handhelds I've ever personally seen.

3DS the ugliest? What about the Grey Nintendo DS launched in 2005!
nintendo-finalizes-the-ds-20040728064918093.jpg

Look at it! The top and bottom half were uneven as f*ck and that design choice didn't even had a real purpose. In fact, it made opening the handheld even harder :/
Stop complaining and just wait for a revision of the 3DS
THE NINTENTANK!
I used to love my old tank, in fact it was the touch screen that finally died out on me first, and that was mostly due to the calibration function not wanting to work right. But it still lasted me well into the Lite era. Personally I like the 3DS design and the fact that it's not all flush. It has that tank raw and rugged feel to it again and says it's not the outside that matters so much while you play a game, it's what you find inside. The outside could look like crap, but as long as it isn't uncomfortable to hold and you have good fun games to play on it it's not that big a deal. Are we really worried about the fashionability of a video game system?
Practicability/durability>Look in my book. That's my 2c.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lube_Skyballer said:
CA519705950 said:
I don't want to sound miserable here or put a downer on the 3DS or anything... I'm certainly not a hater either, the 3DS seems great... but it's one of the ugliest handhelds I've ever personally seen.

*snip

Look at it! The top and bottom half were uneven as f*ck and that design choice didn't even had a real purpose. In fact, it made opening the handheld even harder :/
What's wrong with that! It is pretty god damn sexy!
Plus those things are made to last, mine still works as good as the day i got it, the paint job has failed me even before the hardware has!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is stupid, I would very much have preferred a uniformly layered system like the DS lite. (Also, the overall size would be just a bit smaller this way)
I never actually heard of anyone complaining about not being able to open up their DS because of that problem, it just doesn't make any sense. Do these people wax their DS or something?

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
This is stupid, I would very much have preferred a uniformly layered system like the DS lite. (Also, the overall size would be just a bit smaller this way)
I never actually heard of anyone complaining about not being able to open up their DS because of that problem, it just doesn't make any sense. Do these people wax their DS or something?
Think. If the DS Phat has a smaller top layer, it will be a bit harder to open the top screen. I think the 3DS design is fine. I'm not going to be worrying that it'll be easy to open it up when I'm using it. I'll use it and have fun.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
I'm basicly sayin that there is a lot of room for design improvements. Compare the differences between NDS phat and NDS lite. Maybe Nintendo designed the 3DS so bad on purpose to get the chance to make a better designed device in a year or so (3DS lite?).

All the Lite's really got going on is the slimming down and better screens, the actual look of the system, give me the original DS any day.

As for the 3DS, looks kinda weird in the pic like that, but the explanation makes sense, and sometimes things look better in person than in pics like that, so I'll wait until I actually see one in person to pass judgment. Which probably means quite a while, since I'm not buying one any time soon.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I like the design too!
It's so sleek and shiny and... BEAUTIFUL :')
I can't believe you people.
Unappreciative silly people :@

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the new anti-fingerprint coating, I was kind of worried it would turn out like the black DS lite. It also has 6 LEDs and strengthened hinges. They explain why the upper part is black and how difficult it was to install the 3D cameras and to keep them perfectly aligned even if you dropped the system.
Everyone should give the Iwata Ask interview a read, it's very informative.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Lube_Skyballer said:
nintendo-finalizes-the-ds-20040728064918093.jpg

are you kidding me? that looks fucking sexy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld