Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, new here and Ive been looking around for a new card
I have a DS lite, my friend has a fat DS
tongue.gif

We would buy the acekard2.1 but its out of stock on shoptemp....so Ive been wondering if I buy the acekard2i...will it work the same way? even if we dont have a DSi?
is it better to wait until the acekard2.1 is back in stock?

thanks alot guys!
also a little question...if i bundle the acekardi with a micro sd will it come with an adapter?

thanks again!
smile.gif

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright thanks guys!
and about the microSD? does anyone knows if it comes with an adapter? i mean if i bundle them up (acekard2i and 4gb microsd)?
thanks!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are better off getting the AK2i, word of mouth says they are more reliable than the AK2.1 are.
There's also the bonus that they will work on a DSi, if you decide to get one in the future.
Just to clarify, there's a 1.4 update for the DSi, but it is not required for the DS Lite or original DS.

As for the microSD adapter, ShopTemp's AK2i's apparently do not include them, you will need to buy one.
But apparently the ones ShopTemp sell are not that great, try finding one of those elsewhere if you can.

Edit: The microSD itself does not come with a USB adapter, but it does come with a SD adapter. At least my Kingston one did.
If you have a PC or Laptop with an SD slot, you can use that to load ROMs to your microSD.

Hope that helps. If it does, please consider using the link in my sig.

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
You are better off getting the AK2i, word of mouth says they are more reliable than the AK2.1 are.
There's also the bonus that they will work on a DSi, if you decide to get one in the future.
Just to clarify, there's a 1.4 update for the DSi, but it is not required for the DS Lite or original DS.

As for the microSD adapter, ShopTemp's AK2i's apparently do not include them, you will need to buy one.
But apparently the ones ShopTemp sell are not that great, try finding one of those elsewhere if you can.

alright thanks! i guess ill go to bestbuy and buy a micro SD there!
thanks!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theedge said:
RupeeClock said:

alright thanks! i guess ill go to bestbuy and buy a micro SD there!
thanks!
If you see it, try and get one of these babies.
samsung-plus-micro-sd-memory-card.jpg

These are fantastic microSDs, they have great performance!

But if I were you, buy the microSD online? They're always much more expensive in shops.

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
Edit: The microSD itself does not come with a USB adapter, but it does come with a SD adapter. At least my Kingston one did.
If you have a PC or Laptop with an SD slot, you can use that to load ROMs to your microSD.

ah ok! thats what i want, I have the sd reader on my laptop!
so is it good quality? I thought Kingston was a good brand for memory cards and such?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theedge said:
so is it good quality? I thought Kingston was a good brand for memory cards and such?
The Samsung should be slower than a Class 4 Kingston 8GB SD-C08G Japan (made by Toshiba, and get read speeds of 20MB/s+), but it should be faster than any other Kingston card, or SD-CO8G Taiwan card. Kingston don't make their own cards, they get other manufacturers to make them for them (OEM); this can mean you don't always know what you are getting. Samsung should be making their own cards, they should be pretty consistant in what they supply; so should be a safer bet.

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
theedge said:
The Samsung should be slower than a Class 4 Kingston 8GB SD-C08G Japan (made by Toshiba, and get read speeds of 20MB/s+), but it should be faster than any other Kingston card, or SD-CO8G Taiwan card. Kingston don't make their own cards, they get other manufacturers to make them for them (OEM); this can mean you don't always know what you are getting. Samsung should be making their own cards, so they should be pretty consistant in what they supply; so should be a safer bet.

Alright thanks alot for the info
and thanks to everyone that replied...this forum is great and has a great community!
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theedge said:
RupeeClock said:

The 2gb Kingston I ordered is pretty good in my R4DS from Shoptemp.
Nothing spectacular but gets the job done, not bad at all.

I can't say if the higher capacity cards are good or not though, haven't bought one.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your on a tight budget kingston is fine, probably a knock off anyway, might have slightly longer boot times, games may sometimes freeze up etc etc, but the difference in price is incredible...no matter what you buy... suggest backup game saves everytime you slap it into your pc!

personally i cant wait to get the dstwo, but the dsonei is also a great card with different/competetive features no other card offers at a great price and comes with sd reader... i picked mine up for $24 on 0shippingzone.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt