a little helpful hint for those who have PSN + and are getting a PS4.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by DJPlace, Mar 30, 2014.

1. DJPlace
    OP

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
  2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's a pretty well-known fact. I use the PC service myself - it's much faster than the PS3's PSN Store.

3. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    Wow thank you, I had no idea I could do this. An was getting pretty angry over time I was missing out on freebies.

-edit-
    Just did it :) wish I knew about this sooner.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Wow, sorry to hear that, I guess it isn't such a well-known thing after all. I've been using it ever since it launched and although it can be quirky at times, it's still very handy. You can do your shopping for all platforms in one place and you can set up download queues for your consoles which is really handy.

5. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    I've yet to see the PC version, just did it on my phone. Which has a special mobile version of the store. It went by fast, and it was way better than ps3 store navigation that's for sure.

6. Dork

Dork Newbie

Speaking of that, why did they change the PS3's PSN Store? The old one was so much faster and efficient, this one is just slow and sluggish and it can't be run in the background.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Yeah, the PS3 version of the store needs a major overhaul. While it looks pretty and all, it really chugs.
    Probably just a stylistic matter.

Joe88 likes this.
  8. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    They wanted it to be dark and edgy.
    It didn't work.

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It is dark, in the sense that most of the screen is black, and it sure is edgy, so much so that it's choppy. :tpi:

GameWinner likes this.
  10. DJPlace
    OP

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    also found out from a friend that for those of you who play God Of War:Ascension that almost all DLC is free (expect the free EXP boost)

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...A80918_00-GOWADIGITALVERS1:ADD-ONS||price~asc

i think i did miss one free PS4 game but i did find out about this. but there is a cool PS4 game that is out for free for plus on the 1st of April. may make me save up for a PS4... but it sucks that they went Mircosoft style with Plus...