A little help for a returning member [R4 Wood 1.62 + EZ Flash V 3in1]

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by aNILEator, Apr 14, 2014.

1. aNILEator
    OP

aNILEator Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2009
    Hi GBATemp,

It's been a fair while since I picked up my DS, (what with the advent of iphones and decent gaming pc)

I've decided I'd like to play through the pokemon series in chronological order, as legitimately as possible (ie no hack pokemon catches, cloning etc, I'm ok with hacking in event item tickets though in order to legitimately catch poke's)

Recently I finished playing through Pokemon FireRed + LeafGreen (with gpSPhone on my iPhone + VBA (Link and -M) on my pc for trading) and would like to use the sav file on my EZ Flash V 3-in-1 I remember doing this before (around 2010) however I'm experiencing some trouble now.

All roms are clean and unpatched.

Firstly I've updated to R4 Wood Goblin 1.62 so should be up to date there and wondered if this can import/export sav's to the EZ 3in1 natively.

If not I just grabbed GBA backup tool 0.21 and GBA ExpLoader 0.58b0MX to (I seem to remember using these with YSMenu and R4 native firmware....) any help here with these apps would be useful too.

I export the battery file from VBA-M it is a 128kb .sav file and loads fine in other emulators, place it on my memory card and try to import/flash/write it to my 3 in 1 using gba backup tool, I switch to gba restore mode in the app and press a on the save file, it shows a loading bar up to 50% which then disappears

When I load pokemon it does the intro then says "The save file has been deleted...' and wants me to continue with a new game.

I heard some battery problems exist with the 3in1, so played the game and saved a few times, the game happily remembers this save so I assume it's not the battery.

TL;DR
    1a. Can R4 Wood natively import/export GBA saves to the NOR?
    1b. If so how?
    2. Do I need to patch my ROMS?
    3. Do I need to convert the save file?
    4a. Do I need to use different apps/firmware?
    4b. If so which one/s? ...
    4c. ... and How do I use them?
    5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance. I hope to play through HeartGold and SoulSilver now anything I need to know about these games + Wood R4 any patches required etc?

EDIT 1: Well I used GBA ExpLoader again and that appears to have got the save file into fire red now.... don't know how.

Any way to choose which sav to write to sram in GBA Exploader?