A little bit of research

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by fearofshorts, May 10, 2010.

May 10, 2010

A little bit of research by fearofshorts at 12:20 AM (1,012 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. fearofshorts
    OP

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hi guys.
    I have been asked to present an oral presentation (for year 12 physics) on the electronic and photonic components of any part of a modern electronic device. I'm still in the very, very, early stages of the research.
    I was wondering if any of you could provide a few links or advice as to where to get started. Maybe a few teardowns of flashcarts or a technical discription.

I will still be looking for this myself, but I figured that you guys might have a good idea of where to start.

2. kiafazool

Member kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    you know you will get caught using a flashcart if your doing an oral presentation on flashcarts and will be sued by someone like NINTENDO??

3. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    flashcarts are legal,and as long as he has no illegal stuff on it,i see no problem

4. Jemlee

Member Jemlee GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    ...he can't really be sued for explaining hardware.... he's not promoting piracy either.

Anyway fearofshots, I wanted to do some research on this as well so i'll pm you if I find anything, but if you have a spare flashcart I suggest opening it up and searching the serial numbers and companies etc.

like how some ak2s use actel chips or something like that.

Posts merged

kiafazool think for 5 seconds before flaming with pointless spam. He could easily leave the microsd out so that there will be no rom checks and also as long as he isn't using an r4 if it is banned in his country he'll be fine.

5. fearofshorts
    OP

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    @Jemlee: Thanks!
    @Everyone else: Yeah, I was going to focus on the hardware abilities anyway. I'm not talking about showing off rom-loading, just a discussion on how the cart works. And mention that it loads homebrew (Powder, WTD, NitroTracker...)

6. Jemlee

Member Jemlee GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Cool, good luck