Homebrew Discussion A List of GBA games that run on Switch

Madman55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Madman55 I've just made a new spreadsheet that (I think) will be easier to follow and to complete, I can give you the rights to edit it if you want to! :)
Guys, if you're testing a game, please leave your Switch version, emulator version, region of the game and what issues you have faced during your play time! :)
It can help the devs! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B8UOP4BvLkCVXdjxlXbO6Ir-mFluHxaPugdtfs4Ncfg

Looks great! I knew nothing of spreadsheets lol. I'll add the new link to the post! THANKS!! <3

Reactions: MitsukiUchiwa

Madman55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do we need a list for something that will be obsolete in a week or two?

This is true, but I'll be working on new lists in the future with help from others so that the people will always be informed!

This is just a stepping stone to the ever evolving Switch hacking scene!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

*Is severly irritated at the brokenness of the mmbn/exe series*

Sorry to hear! :( I too am pretty sad about this. MMBN is one of my fav series!

P

pasc

Well, at least now I have a reason to get a switch, as soon as this is fixed *chuckle*.

TakoyJMB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid - Zero Mission------Very bad visual glitches, Pretty much unplayable

Grabbed the morph ball and went into the room to the right. Graphical glitches stopped as soon as I walked through the door. A few small frame drops on transitions, and saves are working. Should be at least partially playable.

Reactions: Madman55

Madman55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Grabbed the morph ball and went into the room to the right. Graphical glitches stopped as soon as I walked through the door. A few small frame drops on transitions, and saves are working. Should be at least partially playable.

I'll update it in a few. Thanks!

SkyAeolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Is severly irritated at the brokenness of the mmbn/exe series*

I'll be retesting today with the V8 release. I'll post again when I know more.
Note though. Silly me didn't have the bios to help run it, so after adding it last night there was a slightly more smooth experience just with a lot of crashes.

SkyAeolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after a bit I've found out
MMBN 1 - Works somewhat well. Playable at least.
MMBN2 - Still slow - frame rate dips and very slow saving.
MMBN3 Blue - VERY SLOW, especially during saving. Not playable
MMBN3 White - ^^^
MMBN4 Red Sun - Playable with minimal frame dips, only seeing them while saving.
MMBN4 Blue Moon - ^^^
MMBN5 Colonel - Playable, very few issues
MMBN5 ProtoMan - ^^^
MMBN6 Gregar - Not flawless, but very stable.
MMBN6 Falzer - ^^^
I experienced No crashing, and saving the game seems like an issue among all the games that slows down in the process but is fine after the fact.

Also tested
Kirby and the amazing mirror - Seems flawless maybe a frame dip here or there. Can't get much better. No crashes.
Summon Night Sword Craft Story - Very stable with no frame dips. Small graphical bugs inside buildings.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Slowly stable? Ran a long time and during battles is stable. The starting story is very slow and buggy so I recommend having a save ready to port over.

I did run into an issue after re-loading a few games (Battle Network 4,5) that it wouldn't load my saves. So be careful. It's still on the SD card, the emulator seems to not want to load it for some reason.

Reactions: XCJLongbow

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(ALL THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON 5.0.2 FIRMWARE)

(UPDATES)
(5/20/18, 7:20am)
WE NOW HAVE A GOOGLE DOCS SHEET FOR THE LIST! CHECK IT OUT HERE: PROPS TO @MitsukiUchiwa FOR ALL THE HARDWORK <3
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B8UOP4BvLkCVXdjxlXbO6Ir-mFluHxaPugdtfs4Ncfg/edit#gid=0

Looks like Pokemon Fire Red and Emerald have started acting up, das no gud.

(5/20/18, 11:45am)

A new version of the Emulator has come out, V8. If any new issues arise with any currently working games please let us know!
Thanks! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list of games is always growing! So if you don't see your favorite game don't worry, it'll be here soon!
(A Txt file will be available to download. I update it every couple of hours)

If you could list any of these issues in a reply I will update the list so OP knows what issues are more serious across the emulator.

Odd Glitches/ Visual Bugs
Framerate drops
High number of crashes
Hanging screens (Game freezes on certain screens of game)
If in-game save works or if only savestate works

The Emulator being used is linked here

(I'll update the list when I can. Pretty much whenever I'm awake!)

--------------------GAME LIST------------------------
(THX @Seathasky and @Purple_Shyguy for list help)

(Working Games) (Semi Working Games) (NOT WORKING AS OF REVISION V7) (UNTESTED GAMES)

1. Harvest Moon - Friends of Mineral Town------Seems to work perfectly
  2. Crash Bandicoot - The Huge Adventure------Seems to work perfectly
  3. MegaMan Zero 4------Seems to work perfectly
  4. Hajime No ippo with English patch------Seems to work perfectly
  5. Pokemon Ruby------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  6. Pokemon Sapphire------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  7. Pokemon Leaf Green------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  8. Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  9. DragonBall Z - Supersonic Warriors------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  10. Wario Land 4 (E)------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  11. Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  12. Mario And Luigi Superstar Saga------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  13. Mario Kart - Super Circuit------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  14. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  15. Super Mario Advance?------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  16. Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World------Working, Minimum crashes, Saves
  17. Pokemon Fire Red------Crashes in the combat phase, Works in V6 of emulator just fine
  18. Pokemon Emerald------Tons of visual glitches, Menus don't load correctly, Very bad audio
  19. Kirby And The Amazing Mirror------Working, Minimum crashes, Some framerate drops, Saves
  20. Metroid - Fusion------Working,crashes sometimes, Some texture glitches, Saves
  21. The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap------Game loads but file select screen is bugged. Can not start file
  22. Golden Sun------Glitchy particle effects and lighting, audio issue and slow downs, crashes 5 mins in
  23. Mother 1 (J)------Audio issues, No transitions, Saving does work
  24. Mother 2 (J)------Audio issues, Game glitches when transitions are supposed to show up, Saving does work
  25. Mother 3 (J)------Working, Minimum crashes, Issues saving
  26. Donkey Kong Country 1------Working, Minimum crashes, Possibly saves, Screen transitions are not working properly
  27. Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros 3------Working, wait for Reading screen to pass(Takes a bit), Saves, Screen transitions not working properly
  28. The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past------Random crashes, framerate drops once you've rescued the princess, Saves work
  29. Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island------very slow, sound quality is bad and there are a few visual glitches
  30. Classic Nes - Super Mario Bros.------Terrible audio, quite a bit of visual glitches, possibly saves
  31. Dragon Ball - Advanced Adventure------Crash sometimes, Framerate issues with 3 or more enemies on the screen, Possibly saves
  32. MegaMan Battle Network------Runs fairly well with frame dips in the over-world, Battles are completely fine and run normal
  33. Super Monkey Ball Jr.------Heavy framerate Drops
  34. Full Metal Alchemist w English Patch------Crashes sometimes, Saves
  35. Super Robot Wars (J) with English patch------Crashes sometimes, Glitchy graphical effects, Saves
  36. Dragon Ball Z - The Legacy Of Goku------Loads, but won't let you start new game
  37. Dragon Ball Z - The Legacy of Goku II------Loads, but won't let you start new game
  38. Dragon Ball Z - Buu's Fury------Loads, but won't let you start new game
  39. Metroid - Zero Mission------Very bad visual glitches, Pretty much unplayable
  40. Mega Man Battle Network 2------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  41. Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  42. Mega Man Battle Network 3 White------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  43. Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  44. Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  45. Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  46. Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  47. Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  48. Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar------Loads on the emulator, but completely unplayable
  49. Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow
  50. Castlevania - Circle of the Moon
  51. Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance
  52. Donkey Kong Country 2
  53. Donkey Kong Country 3
  54. Final Fantasy I & II - Dawn of Souls
  55. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
  56. Final Fantasy IV Advance
  57. Final Fantasy V Advance
  58. Final Fantasy VI Advance
  59. Fire Emblem
  60. Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones
  61. Golden Sun 2 - The Lost Age
  62. Harvest Moon - More Friends of Mineral Town
  63. Advance Wars
  64. Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising
  65. Dragon Ball GT - Transformation
  66. MegaMan Zero
  67. Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters 2006
  68. Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Eternal Duelist Soul
  69. Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Sacred Cards
  70. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Duel Academy
  71. Sonic Advance
  72. Sonic Advance 2
  73. Sonic Advance 3
  74. Sword of Mana
  75. Metal Slug Advance
  76. Street Fighter Alpha 3
  77. Grand Theft Auto Advance
  78. Naruto Ninja Council 2
  79. HAPPY GAMING!!!

Alot of these where fixed with the GBA Bios release, I know for a fact I can now load "The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap" just fine with a BIOS on v8 (experiemental), and also "The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past + Four Swords" Combo rom works now too, except for saving.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Notex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past
Region: EUR
Emu ver: UPDATE8
SwitchOS: 5.0.2
Notes: Buggy sound, entering new area breaks the renderer, only renders things like rain. Saving and exting and re-opening the game fixes the renderer until you enter a new location again, like going through a door. Unplayable in it's current state.

Chocolate28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rhythm Tengoku - Works absolutely flawless excluding two graphical issues with the smog in the samurai slice segment and the lyrics in the bon festival segment. No crashes. i'd list it as playable.

Last edited by Chocolate28,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metal slug advance seems flawless unless there are audio flaws I'm missing. though there is the obvious glitch in how the gba logo looks and sounds at the beginning but that seems to be universal across all games

also, what version was Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town tested on? I've got some bad graphical and audio glitches. I'll include a screenshot of what it looks like that always covers the screen...well, except for cut scenes while there is no dialog box up.
2018052106283200-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

SkyAeolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with revision 8/8.5 All these work near flawlessly
(Minimal stuttering and only slow down during saving)
MegaMan Battle Network 1
MegaMan Battle Network 4 Blue Moon
MegaMan Battle Network 4 Red Sun
MegaMan Battle Network 5 Team Colonel
MegaMan Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan
MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar
MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar
MegaMan Battle Chip Challenge
These still are unfortunately in an unplayable state, but I noticed a much better jump in performance.
MegaMan Battle Network 2
MegaMan Battle Network 3 White
MegaMan Battle Network Blue

I'll be willing to test other games and tell what I find. But I'm not about to play the entire library of GBA games.
I'll test the Mother Series, Pokemon Games extensively, and the Boktai Rom Hacks (To bypass the light sensor)

Sb2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Advanced Wars 2 does not work still, tested using v8.5 hangs after pressing start in the main menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back