Gaming A list of games no good as CSOs?

0605053h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive or at least useful list regarding CSOs.

I mean, there are a few games that lag in CSO format. GTA is often used as an example.

Do MOST games work completely fine as CSOs?

What games shouldn't be played in CSO?

It's useful to save space but I don't want it to affect gameplay . . .

D

Deleted User

I believe that high-end graphic games tend to lag as .CSO / compressed iso's. Like god of war or Dante's inferno. I'm fairly sure that strategy RPG's like Disgaea work fine as .CSO's, but don't quote me on that.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Anything where increasing the clockspeed to 333 (or games that automatically set the clock to 333 when they launch) should be left as ISO's.

Really the only definitive way to know is to try yourself as it's dependent upon the performance of your memory stick too.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is too difficult a question for a definative answer, as their are simply too many variables.

1) Memory card - I use a CR5400, two 16GB Sandisk micro SD - I have found this to be very quick compared to most standard cards

2) Firmware - I am still on M33-6 (just because of the speed up option)

I have found that very few games have a lag wih my PSP, but change the firmware (I went to Gen D2 at the time) and nearly every game had some lag.
I play GTA and get the odd moment of lag, however I have tried it with the .iso and still had lags when on D2.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
play game as cso -> doesnt work for shit, play as iso.

only problem i have had was with the GTA's, but i dont ever CSO my games... cept maybe if its a mini or something, and it comes that way to begin with.

if you have a big card, dont bother, if you ever actually fill up all of that space, it will likely give you mad pirates disease like none other

i have 2- 4gb cards, and its plenty really...

i save the games i might want to play again in a RAR file on my computer, everything else gets deleted for new stuff, except the permanent games, like MHFU.

0605053h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My memory stick is an 8gb Sony pro duo (MagicGate/Mark2 - don't know if that means much)

My firmware is 5.50 Gen-D (Final) - is this something different from D3?

I tried both GTA Stories as CSOs and they seemed a bit laggy but haven't tried them as ISOs to compare.

Are the bigger named games like Daxter, Killzone Liberation, Crisis Core etc. considered "high-end graphics"?

So are you guys basically saying the only way to know if a CSO is worthwhile is by trying it first?

It would be cool if there was a guide or list of games that had problems in CSO format . . .

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I2aven's_Sage said:
I believe that high-end graphic games tend to lag as .CSO / compressed iso's. Like god of war or Dante's inferno. I'm fairly sure that strategy RPG's like Disgaea work fine as .CSO's, but don't quote me on that.

No, i dont have a problem with God of War and Dante's Inferno using clock-speed 266/133 to save the battery. I am using .iso.. Not .COS's at all. I also have Dante's Inferno encryption version only. No problem so far.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
most games are fine at level1,

but ones you cant do are:
outrun 2006 - coast 2 coast
mobile train simulator series.
both those use hires video streaming and will glitch as you play them.

still, that's only 3.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In my experience, Loco Roco 2 fares poorly as a CSO. I think Dante's Inferno is the only other I've personally encountered, out of maybe fifty games.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah as dib said Dante's Inferno is pretty much the only game I have had major issues with. The load times were massive and the game would just get stuck randomly on the loading screens forever. Apart from that I have had no real issues with any other cso's.

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
0605053h said:
Are the bigger named games like Daxter, Killzone Liberation, Crisis Core etc. considered "high-end graphics"?

Nah. Just ones that require a quick loading of high-end graphics, like how GTA needs to quickly load the next portion of the city you access. Know what I mean?

Another example to add: Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dissidia has some mad load times (at least 15 seconds to load a battle) as a cso. Also the FMV's kinda get choppy from time to time

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no issues with lag whatsoever....

I use PSP ISO Compressor 1.4 with compression level set to 1 with 2 Sandisk 8GB pro duos and 5.00m33-6. No skipping or long load times at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think a raspberry pi zero could power a SNES cart emulator thing hmmm