azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I was wondering about all games that are like castlevania on gba, I mean the type that you walk around cool locations and kill monsters and bossess.
I know only castlevanias, shaman king 1 and 2 , megaman zero.

Anybody know other titles like that, I would appriciate if you post titles here.

azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
No
smile.gif
but will have to check it out.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really, REALLY wish Manfred Trenz would remake a Turrican for the DS. The dude is considering DS games too, but he hasn't made anything for the DS yet. Here's his current company:
http://www.denarisoftware.de/

I'd have to say that of all the Castlevania/Metroid-like games ever created Turrican was my absolute favorite. I totally dominated that game on the C64 back in the day.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you just mean platformers? Cause almost none of these games would really qualify as Castlevania like. Good games, but not CV like.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Golden Sun 1 and 2 are great games. They are NOTHING like Castlevania. At all. Castlevania is a very niche game, I have to say. I can't say I've seen very many games like it.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Urza said:
Super Mario Advance series

no lol thats a platformer XD

and there are 2 games i know that are 99% like the castlevania games and are on the gba.

Shaman King - Master of Spirits
Shonen Jump's Shaman King Master of Spirits 2

enjoy!

edit: youtube the game and you will see what i mean.

Psy-Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
jalaneme said:
Urza said:
Super Mario Advance series

no lol thats a platformer XD
Castlevania is a platformer.

Very loose sense of the genre. Castlevania has no stages, it's got a bazillion weapons (if we're talkin about the Metroidvania ones), and a loose story with dialog tying everything together. It's more of a game of exploration, not running from side of the level to the other while jumping on the heads of your enemies. Heck, there are no pits of instant death either in the GBA 'vania titles.

If someone loves Mario, and they want to play a game like it, people wouldn't (or shouldn't) tell them to try Castlevania. The pacing and gameplay are so different, they really aren't part of the same genre.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Urza said:
Castlevania is a platformer.

nah, i would say Castlevania is more of a action rpg 2d side scroller, mario and castlevania are 2 completely different games, there is 0 comparison.

edit: i can't believe i forgot this game Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts, arcade classic imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.