A Link to the Past => How to unlock the palace of the 4 swords ?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Gni, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Gni
    OP

Newcomer Gni Newbie

Hi

I have just finished "0883 - Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past & Four Swords" on GBA, but I'm quite frustrated since I can't access the new dungeon of this version : the palace of the 4 swords.

The normal way of unlocking this dungeon is through playing 4 swords with a friend, but I don't know anyone with the game.

So is there a way to unlock the dungeon ? A .cht, an action replay code, a trainer ?
    I've searched for a .cht and a action replay code, but did not find what I wanted

Thanks

2. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    Hmm, I remember there being a code like that. Did you check the official GBAtemp GBA cheats page? I'll try to find this code anyway, give me a little while.

3. linkinkid

Newcomer linkinkid Advanced Member

United States
    Was actually wandering the same thing...was going to look on my own, but I'll wait for Valkrys reply.

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I found a VBA cheat which allows access to the dungeon; I'm not sure if it actually modifies your save or if it's a one-time thing. If it's the former, you'd be able to use the cheat on VBA, then copy your save back to your flash cart; if not, you'd just have to play it in the emulator. Anyway:

5. Gni
    OP

Newcomer Gni Newbie

It doesn't really unlock the palace, but allows to pass through the wall blocking the passage, so you need to finish the palace on VBA.

But it's still a solution, thanks [​IMG]

6. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Palace of the Four Swords? I have the game cartridge, but no friends, so I don't know what it is? Could someone tell if it's worth my time to dump it and play.

7. el_venga

Member el_venga Handhelds Lover

Dominican Republic
    four swords cannot be beaten with one player only, i think. its been too long since i even player a GBA game.
    im hoping someone remembers me cause its been a WHILE since my last post!!!

8. Zieg30CT

Newcomer Zieg30CT Advanced Member

United States
    you can use this glitch shown in a youtube video to gain entrance to the palace

the glitch

make sure to read the description to know what to do to trigger the glitch.

I can confirm that this works as it allowed me to have entrance to the palace when playing the game on gpSP kai 2.6 unofficial gba emulator for PSP.

this doesn't truly unlock the palace either but at least you aren't limited to playing it on vba like with the code