A Link to the Dream - Link's Awakening Remake

Do you think A Link to the Past's graphics has aged well?

• Total voters

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think so, especially if you look at the art style used in Four Swords Adventures, which is like ALTTP but with some artsy patterns over things that make the game look very good IMO.

Also, ALTTP graphics suit Links Awakening perfectly. Would be nice if they added an artistic filter to make it look something like Four Swords Adventures too.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I never liked the graphics of Link's Awakening or the two Capcom titles (to the point that I didn't finish them).
ALTTP looks great though and I'm looking forward to this version if I can get a hold of it.

D

Deleted User

Nice, l always wanted to see Link's Awakening in alttp style
Now if only the official remake would keep albtw's style...

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I for one hope this DOES get stopped. ALTTP is NOT the game to use for this project the game hasn't aged very well even if fans still suck it's mummified dick a better game should be used.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cared for almost all zelda games. but this one is 2nd fav and LTTP is the first.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just don't play it if you hate our remake so much. Always nice to see people wishing death to a hobby project.
it's going to end up dead anyway once nintendo DMCA the shit out of it on release. just like am2r...so your wasting your time. you do know they are remaking this themselves on the switch right. which one do you think is going to survive? as soon as you release the full game to the public...well AM2R lasted a day and patreon won't save you from nintendo either.

btw i'm not trying to be mean i'm just telling you exactly what is going to happen as i've seen it happen countless times before in the last year.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: WiikeyHacker

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sega based games instead as what blade pointed out your gonna get legally hurt if you continue down this path sega on the other hand LOVES fan games (go figure a game company's origins based in honalulu are pro fan games)

Reactions: WiikeyHacker
D

Deleted User

I for one hope this DOES get stopped. ALTTP is NOT the game to use for this project the game hasn't aged very well even if fans still suck it's mummified dick a better game should be used.

I'm sorry but don't you have a translation to fake?
why are you so bitter about this, just accept it's not for you and either move on or do it yourself.

minish cap would require a lot of extra work because of the detailed animations.
also ww/mc is pretty much tose's legend of zelda at this point, it's a bit overdone.

link's awakening started off as a port of alttp anyway.

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm sorry but don't you have a translation to fake?
why are you so bitter about this, just accept it's not for you and either move on or do it yourself.

minish cap would require a lot of extra work because of the detailed animations.
also ww/mc is pretty much tose's legend of zelda at this point, it's a bit overdone.

link's awakening started off as a port of alttp anyway.
I thought we moved from that seems like some haven't got the message.

oclero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your wasting your time

Minish Cap graphics would be a better choice...

Some more explantions for the people who seem to not understand:
  1. We don't do this project for other people, we do it for ourselves first. We have fun making it. Don't you understand we're not making this game to compete with the official one? We have even begun 2 or 3 years before. It's just a spare time project. We have fun, we learn a lot, so NO, I disagree: it's not a waste of time. We don't do this for you. If you don't want to play it because you think you'll waste time, fine: we just don't care.
  2. About Minish Cap graphics: we prefere the old-school 90's look of A Link to the Past. It's like imagining what the game could have been if it was not released on GB. Have you ever wondered this as a child, back then? The project is open-source. If you don't like the ALTTP skin, just reskin it with MC graphics and stop complaining. But be warned: it's not as easy as you're saying. Hundreds of custom sprites and tiles, with animation, scripting, SNES-like sounds and musics, etc. We are also working on a Four Swords Adventures graphical mode with shaders and cool effects.
  3. We use the game as a support to improve our engine. We just don't care if Nintendo does not want it to be released. At the end we had fun and we bettered our little engine, that's all.

Will the project re-use the GBC intro? It's not ingame graphics.

No, it will use a custom made animated movie in pixel-art, in the style of what could had been achieved if the game was a SNES project (huge sprites, deformation/animation, mode7...).

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I think ALLTP looks best when there are shadows of clouds appearing, like in the Lost Woods or in the GC Four Swords title. Just a suggestion. Not sure how difficult it is to implement it.

oclero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think ALLTP looks best when there are shadows of clouds appearing, like in the Lost Woods or in the GC Four Swords title. Just a suggestion. Not sure how difficult it is to implement it.

If you like FSA like us, I believe you'll be very happy with what we achieved! Look at 00:25 in this trailer to have a small preview:

And we still have a lot of surprises too. Beside storyline and dungeons, this is not really a 1:1 remake.

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I understand the nostalgia but ALTTP hasn't aged very well and it's not really appealing the top down perspective plus if you see where al the enemies are you lose the element of surprise making the game overall a little on the easy side. Again there's nostalgia and then there's just ignorance to accept change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night