A limit on pokemon related threads

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Hells Malice, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Hells Malice
    OP

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    If anyone has wandered over to NDS - games (and i'm pretty damn sure 90% of people here have), you'd easily have notice that 9/10 threads is f***ing pokemon related.

People talking about pokemon and being enthusiastic about it is all good, but there comes a point when we have to say "Woah, alright, this is getting stupid."
    The section is basically a no mans land unless you have a gigantic raging boner for pokemon, and enjoy answering incredibly stupid questions.

There needs to be some kind of stern announcement about no more pokemanz threads being made. Sticky one or two threads for the fans, and then give temp bans to anyone who posts a new thread (due to a rules violation).

Regardless of if my suggestion is really viable or not, something definitely needs to be done before the section is overrun and ruined by pokemon.

2. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Like this one?

How about a Pokemon Board? That way, it would be related and there would be an easy way for peole to see what hasn't been posted and it would cut back on repeat threads.

3. flameiguana

flameiguana that's not me

Jul 12, 2008
    United States
    California
    Don't worry, it'll pass. All unnecessary Pokemon threads are being locked anyway. Don't care for Pokemon? Post in other threads (as hard as it may be to locate them in the pile of Pokefan threads).

4. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    It was like this when Bowser's Inside Story came out too. The sad thing is, even when the patch/fix comes out for all the mainstream flash carts, the r4 clone users will still be whining about it for months.

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i 2nd and also 3rd that all patch threads should be banned too especially from the eof!

as for pokemon itself
    [​IMG]

6. Tac 21

Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2008
    Canada
    pokemon rules the portable gaming popularity boards. if you don't like it then go someplace else.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    than keep it IN THEM boards than!

8. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    It'll die down eventually. People will get their AP patch and be off playing. Until then we'll keep locking threads when they multiply or get out of hand.

9. Jeff88

Jeff88 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2008
    I suggest whiners like this OP should get temp ban as well.

10. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    As long as the topics aren't spam, who cares what game they're about?

11. Snorlax

Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Apr 26, 2008
    Australia
    Pokemon subforum!
    Go go go!