Hacking A Idiot and a Youtube video = Brick?

Mr Skinner

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Partners, direct question.

Is a Wii U with Nand's brick recoverable? My idiot cousin decided to follow a YouTube unlock tutorial on the console and certainly did not back up NAND. (Extremely recommendable in any situation)

Basically, Did he fu** himself?

(It will be funny to give this news to him, he bought the device 13 hours ago.)

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At least he had fun for 13 hours, that's still something. But seriously, what kind of brick is it? Can you give details?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Is a Wii U with Nand's brick recoverable? My idiot cousin decided to follow a YouTube unlock tutorial on the console and certainly did not back up NAND. (Extremely recommendable in any situation)

It might be recoverable if he has OTP/SEEPROM dumps. Without those, there's no way to decrypt the NAND in order to fix what's broken.
SEEPROM might not be needed, I'm not entirely sure. But OTP is definitely needed.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Even if you did have a Nand backup, it's hardly worth the effort to unbrick it when you can just buy another working Wii U for $60.

Mr Skinner

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Its always the Relatives / Friends, aren't they. lol.
hahaha, but in this time is a simple and pure true. Im experienced hardmoder since first NDsi Nand Extract Process.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or it could have been his fault but he's just ashamed to admit it.
ahm, no.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

At least he had fun for 13 hours, that's still something. But seriously, what kind of brick is it? Can you give details?

I do not know much information because he lives at a significant distance from my city. But it seems that the idiot followed an outdated tutorial to try to make the last one unlock, and decided to skip a few stages of the process.

Anyway, Wii U powers on, but on black Screen Error. He's sending the console through the post office for me to look at.

It is that typical case of the guy who does not handle anxiety and decides to do it on his own. Totally Busted. I know I asked a truism, but in the Nintendo 3ds process, I kept a New Nintendo 3ds that I bought on ebay as junk (corrupted NAND problems) and today it's there, alive and running.

As I do not follow the WiiU scenario, I thought I might have something of this similarity. Not the way, right?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you know what the tutorial is? Can you send me a link?

D

Deleted-351540

That is true. I hadn't realized they had gotten so cheap. Not long before the Switch launch they were actually going up in price.
Must be nice. I just recently bought a Wii U because the price of a refurbished console dropped from $200 to $150. And that was for the standard 8Gb model. The deluxe 32Gb model still goes for $200 here, and you can't even find the ZELDA themed ones.

It really pissed me off because all of my consoles are black, including both of my Wii's and my Xbox One S. Now I've got this fat white eyesore sitting smack middle of my gaming center.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Must be nice. I just recently bought a Wii U because the price of a refurbished console dropped from $200 to $150. And that was for the standard 8Gb model. The deluxe 32Gb model still goes for $200 here, and you can't even find the ZELDA themed ones.

It really pissed me off because all of my consoles are black, including both of my Wii's and my Xbox One S. Now I've got this fat white eyesore sitting smack middle of my gaming center.
You're in US, so you could have easily gotten a black one off eBay.

Reactions: TerryG
D

Deleted-351540

You're in US, so you could have easily gotten a black one off eBay.
I suppose so, but I needed two at the moment and not a week from now. I bought one as a Christmas gift and decided to get a second for myself spur of the moment. I may find a bricked console/gamepad combo in black and shell swap.

Edit: I guess that's the price you pay for being a lazy Christmas shopper, though. I'm doing some research before I just go out and buy a Vita though. I'm not paying top dollar for that thing.

Last edited by ,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose so, but I needed two at the moment and not a week from now. I bought one as a Christmas gift and decided to get a second for myself spur of the moment. I may find a bricked console/gamepad combo in black and shell swap.

Edit: I guess that's the price you pay for being a lazy Christmas shopper, though. I'm doing some research before I just go out and buy a Vita though. I'm not paying top dollar for that thing.
Did you get a white GamePad? If you ever get a black GamePad shell, you should swap the shell, but keep the white buttons. I've seen it done once before and it looks really cool.

D

Deleted-351540

Did you get a white GamePad? If you ever get a black GamePad shell, you should swap the shell, but keep the white buttons. I've seen it done once before and it looks really cool.
Yes. White console, white gamepad. I'd love to have a black console with white buttons.

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Mr Skinner

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you know what the tutorial is? Can you send me a link?

Sorry for the delay, but basically it took me a while to talk to my cousin about it.

Anyway, the video is this:

It's in Portuguese and sounds extremely dumb. I did not watch it all because I found it very poorly explained, now I understand why my cousin skipped parts, it is simply agonizing ...

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for the delay, but basically it took me a while to talk to my cousin about it.

Anyway, the video is this:

It's in Portuguese and sounds extremely dumb. I did not watch it all because I found it very poorly explained, now I understand why my cousin skipped parts, it is simply agonizing ...

Just by looking at the guy face you could tell he doesn't have any idea about what he's doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool